Anyone running a Holley Sniper 2300 on their slant?

-

low_kota

Reaction score
I'm probably gonna pull the trigger soon on the 2300 for my 225. I have a super six intake that I would have to open up a bit to make it fit.

If anyone's running this set up, what do you think? What are you using for fuel delivery? I hear their external fuel pump is junk, but I also noticed they have new in-tank options that look interesting.

The pending plan is to use the sniper set-up when I put my dart back together, then add a turbo after I get it dialed in...

No need to hurt the intake. Trans Dapt makes an adapter. The bolt pattern is not the same anyway.

Last edited:
electric fuel pump is a must. There are good in tank options and even tanks to pair with them.

FWIW: When I talked to Holley I learned that their FI requires (or at least required, at the time) MS windows to do extra tuning. (I don't run windows so I went a different route.)

I made a quick 3D print based on the dimensions that Holley has on their website for the 2300. The holes on the super six are quite a bit smaller than the Holley. I'd hate to cut into the super six, but I would want to open the holes up to match.
20181215_085211.jpg
20181215_085215.jpg

electric fuel pump is a must. There are good in tank options and even tanks to pair with them.

FWIW: When I talked to Holley I learned that their FI requires (or at least required, at the time) MS windows to do extra tuning. (I don't run windows so I went a different route.)

I could see why that would be a problem if you're not windows guy. For me, this is why I prefer the sniper over fitech. I already downloaded the software and it looks like you would have more options to tune the system for boost over the fitech 2 barrell. I won't be starting off with a turbo, but I want to have the option....

I could see why that would be a problem if you're not windows guy. For me, this is why I prefer the sniper over fitech. I ...

OK you lost me...............what does Sniper vs FI have to do with Windows "or not?" Don't they BOTH require Winhozed?

It's a simple matter to "get" Whinedozed. XP is cheap and easy to find and you can run that in a Virtual setup, or dual boot Or troll C/L or the local thrift stores.

I use Linux/ Mint. For the moment, dual boot Whining Sloven

What about the BBD Sniper offering from Holley? They are marketing it to the Jeep crowd....

There may be a issue with the linkage being a direct hookup. But would remove the need for an adapter plate or hogging out some ports.

What about the BBD Sniper offering from Holley? They are marketing it to the Jeep crowd....

There may be a issue with the linkage being a direct hookup. But would remove the need for an adapter plate or hogging out some ports.

Yeah, the BBD was tempting, and would probably work out well for most slants. Holley doesn't share a CFM rating for the BBD and I don't think it will flow enough whenever I get around to adding a turbo. At 10PSI and 5K RPM I will need about 480CFM, the 2300 can flow 580 CFM, so this gives me plenty of room to grow.

OK you lost me...............what does Sniper vs FI have to do with Windows "or not?" Don't they BOTH require Winhozed?

It's a simple matter to "get" Whinedozed. XP is cheap and easy to find and you can run that in a Virtual setup, or dual boot Or troll C/L or the local thrift stores.

I use Linux/ Mint. For the moment, dual boot Whining Sloven

Neither of them "require" windows, but you have more tuning options with Holley using their windows program vs the handheld.

Hey! did you ever get this to work? im thinking of doing the same. but how did you fix the gas linkage?

If you're thinking of adding a turbo, I would recommend multiport EFI over a TBI. TBIs have enough fuel distributution issues on NA engines as it is. While you can make it work there's a reason there were only two OE TBI turbo applications I'm aware of (Mitsubishi Starion and Colt Turbo, if you were wondering) and a bazillion OE turbo multiport combos.

If you're thinking of adding a turbo, I would recommend multiport EFI over a TBI. TBIs have enough fuel distributution issues on NA engines as it is. While you can make it work there's a reason there were only two OE TBI turbo applications I'm aware of (Mitsubishi Starion and Colt Turbo, if you were wondering) and a bazillion OE turbo multiport combos.
yeah, even NA multipoint has its advantages over TBI on a slant with the unequal runner length....that was part of my thought with really liking the aussiespeed long runner manifold. 1) runners are much closer in length, so distribution should be better in a wet manifold (carb or tbi) setup and 2) runners are longer, which should also maximize low & midrange torque.

I had the Aussie intake with a carb, then a FiTech TBI set up. wish I would have never wasted my time with the FiTech on the slant. Should have followed my gut and just took the plunge right away. I honestly could not believe the difference had I not seen it myself. even on initial start up working through issues my buddy could not believe how smooth my slant ran. I'm still tweaking the tune but, this car is a BLAST now.

4bbl or 2bbl? what aussie manifold? I do have a magnum 318 manifold sitting on my shelf (2bbl throttle body, 8 injectors) that I could potentially scavenge those parts for a port EFI setup....

I had the 4bbl Aussie Hurricane. while I agree it helps with distribution in my opinion it was smarter to go with multiport. the cost of having a old Offy intake I picked up cheap was not that bad. I also wanted the extra room for the turbo that the Aussie intake was using.

slant 8-1.jpg

-
Back