Anyone running without a front bumper? How does it look?

-

MRGTX

Reaction score
Some cars look great without bumpers, some look ugly, some look downright mean. I really don't know where the various A-Body models would fall on the spectrum but if anyone is willing to share their pictures or opinions, that would be very welcome.

Sport without bumper.jpg

Not on the street. Gives the coppers "that one more thing" when they "need" something to pick at

Early Darts look like Turbine cars without bumpers. View attachment 1715149500

Wow. I never made that connection but they really do! I'd be so tempted to paint one in that bronze paint. :cool:
They look really sharp without them anyway.

Not on the street. Gives the coppers "that one more thing" when they "need" something to pick at

Of course you're right here but do the police give you that hard of a time anyway? I have the overwhelming sense that they're more likely to pull over a loud Civic or a plain old Toyota SUV going 80 on the highway than some old geezer in a mopar laying strips of rubber and driving around without a bumper. At least where I am, I bet I could drive all over town without a bumper and not worry about it.

Now that I think of it, my uncle's street-driven '56 Bel Air big block has never had a bumper on it in the 39 years that he's owned it.

On anything built after ‘66, it looks exactly like you forgot to install your bumper.

On the early cars the front valance and everything “works” without the bumper, everything behind the bumper was finished and intended to be visible. After that the bumper covers up unfinished looking chassis parts and was integrated into the front end, so leaving the bumper off just looks like crap. It exposes a bunch of stuff that was supposed to be hidden. Not to mention recesses in the bodywork where the bumper was supposed to fit.

-
Back