Anyone tried this rear disc kit before?

-

wes beem

Reaction score
Edited the post cuz im thinking about this one instead. So id like to hear everyones thoughts on this kit that appears to be an all encompassing kit thats ready to bolt it and needs nothing that doesnt come with the kit except lines...

Four Wheel Power Disc Brake Conversion Kit

Last edited:
It says 'Ford 9 inch differential case design'. Is that the same at an 8.75 design?

The rear disk kits from @DoctorDiff are compatible with tapered rear axle bearings, most of the other kits out there require green bearings.

I really like the 11.7” rear disks from DoctorDiff that I run on my Duster, kit has everything you need. He sells a 10.7” kit too, I run the larger kit because I also run 13” front disks.

Mopar 10.7" Rear Disc Brake Kit

What ever kit you use be sure to get and record what car and year calipers etc it uses so you can get pads etc down the road

Its mid-late 70's GM based and used on every generic rear disc brake kit out there. Its a pain in the *** set up.

Like 72bluNblu said, Dr Diff set up is great and Cass will back up everything he sells.

There are two nine inch ford housing ends backing plate patterns, and both are different from Chrysler’s pattern. U.S. Strange and Moser have pages that show the different pattern designs.

Never liked the GM rear calipers that the piston spun out & also acted as a parking brake. They just didn't last after a couple years. (I was a mechanic & have first-hand knowledge of this) Mopar Action has articles on swapping rear disc brakes from late model Mopar's (Jeeps & such) over to classic Mopar's I believe. The parking brakes are inside the rotor hat, just like a drum brake set-up.

PST is a sponsor here.You can contact them by going to the forum section.
I'm sure they will answer your questions + give a discount.

That kit is identical to the right Stuff kit at Summit

That kit is identical to the right Stuff kit at Summit

Close, the PST Kit comes with the control arms and spindles that you have to have to run it as well, also the kit i saw offered at summit says its for a challenger not an A Body Duster which confused me cuz the pictures look identical

Close, the PST Kit comes with the control arms and spindles that you have to have to run it as well, also the kit i saw offered at summit says its for a challenger not an A Body Duster which confused me cuz the pictures look identical

There are multiple ways to do this. The right stuff kit does not have Mopar 73+ front disks, the PST kit does which is why it also has spindles and UCA’s because you need the large ball joint for the 73+ spindle.

Nothing against PST, but you can get the full 73+ front disk conversion and everything in that kit (if you want) from DoctorDiff too. And you’ll get it with better bearings and seals, can add or leave any of the parts you don’t need, and get a rear disk kit that will allow you to keep the tapered bearings in the rear.

There are multiple ways to do this. The right stuff kit does not have Mopar 73+ front disks, the PST kit does which is why it also has spindles and UCA’s because you need the large ball joint for the 73+ spindle.

Nothing against PST, but you can get the full 73+ front disk conversion and everything in that kit (if you want) from DoctorDiff too. And you’ll get it with better bearings and seals, can add or leave any of the parts you don’t need, and get a rear disk kit that will allow you to keep the tapered bearings in the rear.

The main reason im looking at a full kit is i dont know exactly what i need. I know i have a 71 duster with drum brakes and i want discs, so that kit supoosedly has every single part i need. Is the doctor diff one cheaper if you just buy all the individual components piece by piece vs grabbing an entire kit like this?

The main reason im looking at a full kit is i dont know exactly what i need. I know i have a 71 duster with drum brakes and i want discs, so that kit supoosedly has every single part i need. Is the doctor diff one cheaper if you just buy all the individual components piece by piece vs grabbing an entire kit like this?

The front kit is here
10.95" Front Disc Brake Kit (Stage 1)

You can go through the list and customize your kit to get exactly what you need.

The DoctorDiff front and rear kits will likely cost more for a similarly equipped kit, but, you aren’t getting the same exact parts. The rear brakes are a Mustang cobra set up that again allows you to keep your tapered wheel bearings, which you’ll need to change out if you currently have that style which will add cost to the other kit. Some of the components with the DoctorDiff kit will also be higher quality. So it’s not an apples to apples comparison. You can also just call Cass at DoctorDiff and he can walk you through everything you’re going to need, because he actually knows old Mopars.

The front kit is here
10.95" Front Disc Brake Kit (Stage 1)

You can go through the list and customize your kit to get exactly what you need.

The DoctorDiff front and rear kits will likely cost more for a similarly equipped kit, but, you aren’t getting the same exact parts. The rear brakes are a Mustang cobra set up that again allows you to keep your tapered wheel bearings, which you’ll need to change out if you currently have that style which will add cost to the other kit. Some of the components with the DoctorDiff kit will also be higher quality. So it’s not an apples to apples comparison. You can also just call Cass at DoctorDiff and he can walk you through everything you’re going to need, because he actually knows old Mopars.

thanks, ill give them a shout and see what offerings they have for my application.

-
Back