Anyone use 67-69 drivers side exhaust manifold on a 64 Valiant?

-

HemiSSDart

Dartus Interuptus
Reaction score
A buddy is trying to get his car running and I do not have a good V8 narrow body drivers exhaust manifold laying around, the one pictured has a chunk missing, but have plenty of 67-69 manifolds, can you make it work? The top pic is the narrow body manifold with the second one being the later model and the two at the bottom are passenger side that I know will work.

Small block exhaust manifolds.jpg

I have TTI headers now, but for many years ran 340 exhaust manifolds. Fit can vary, some have had no problem with interference between the steering joint and the manifold, but I did. Couple ways to go; I switched to a power steering column and used the adapter to hook it up to the manual box. Had to run the exhaust pipe down between the torsion bar and the frame, then back.

So, it can be done, at least with a little finagling.

65 barracuda motor 5.jpg

The 68/69 driver's 340 manifold is supposed to work on the early As, but only with manual steering. Otherwise you'll have to get/find a good driver's early A manifold.

As far as I know my old '66 Barracuda had the later manifold on it when I bought it in 1980. Likely had it in 1975 when my buddy bought it. It was a manual steering car. It was also a four speed car.

-
Back