Anyone use these Edelbrock shocks

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering and Chassis' started by 44070dart, Oct 6, 2018.

1. 44070dart

44070dart Well-Known Member

View My Photos
    Local Time:
    8:45 PM
    anyone use Edelbrock shocks .. I need front shocks. I don't want to stiff a shock.. don't want to spend $200 either .. see not to hard to please

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  2. dano

dano Evil Handy Man FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    12:45 PM
    Shocks don't add stiffness, that's the springs (or torsion bar in our case) job. The shock merely controls the spring. Higher or lower rate springs need the appropriate shock. Ever see the slammed ricer teeter toddering over expansion joints or the car/truck/suv whos ass bounces up and down over every bump, your seeing lack of shock dampening. The shock can no longer control the spring.

With that what are you running for springs (or what is your suspension set up) and what is your intended use?

I thought the Edelbrocks were USA built and pretty high quality and obsoleted.

Here is some info:
    https://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/edelbrock_info.cfm

If you want cheap, get KYB.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  3. dano

dano Evil Handy Man FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    KYB Below

upload_2018-10-7_6-54-24.png

4. 44070dart

View My Photos
    Local Time:
    I have a 70' dart I see people here saying the KYB's are inexpensive because they are not very good. My car takes the bumps pretty bad. I looked over the suspension and everything seems in good shape. Bushing look good and everything is tight. Just a bad ride. Took it in for an alignment and they said no problems visible.

5. pishta

pishta I know I'm right....

View My Photos
    Local Time:
    when it takes a bump pretty bad what does it do? does it almost bottom out and send the hood up? a shock only dampens directional changes. A soft spring will send the suspension to the bumpstops if the shock doesnt dampen it. Shocks support nothing, the gas pressure only holds up about 30 lbs. If $ shock A (eg. KYB) has the same dampening factor as $$$ shock B (EG. Bilstein) , I would question why shock B is more expensive.

6. 44070dart

View My Photos
    Local Time:
    Not fall off a cliff bad, just bangs like there isn't a damper to lessen the blow. It's the front not rear.