Anyone use these Edelbrock shocks

-

44070dart

How the hell did I get this old..
Reaction score
anyone use Edelbrock shocks .. I need front shocks. I don't want to stiff a shock.. don't want to spend $200 either .. see not to hard to please

Last edited:
Shocks don't add stiffness, that's the springs (or torsion bar in our case) job. The shock merely controls the spring. Higher or lower rate springs need the appropriate shock. Ever see the slammed ricer teeter toddering over expansion joints or the car/truck/suv whos *** bounces up and down over every bump, your seeing lack of shock dampening. The shock can no longer control the spring.

With that what are you running for springs (or what is your suspension set up) and what is your intended use?

I thought the Edelbrocks were USA built and pretty high quality and obsoleted.

Here is some info:
https://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/edelbrock_info.cfm

If you want cheap, get KYB.

Last edited:
KYB Below

upload_2018-10-7_6-54-24.png

I have a 70' dart I see people here saying the KYB's are inexpensive because they are not very good. My car takes the bumps pretty bad. I looked over the suspension and everything seems in good shape. Bushing look good and everything is tight. Just a bad ride. Took it in for an alignment and they said no problems visible.

when it takes a bump pretty bad what does it do? does it almost bottom out and send the hood up? a shock only dampens directional changes. A soft spring will send the suspension to the bumpstops if the shock doesnt dampen it. Shocks support nothing, the gas pressure only holds up about 30 lbs. If $ shock A (eg. KYB) has the same dampening factor as $$$ shock B (EG. Bilstein) , I would question why shock B is more expensive.

-
Back