anyone used hooker fenderwell headers

-
Are you sure these are fender well headers? If they are and you cut holes in your fender aprons or inner fenders whatever you want to call them, keep in mind that they are structural to the unibody and will need bracing to retain structural integrity.

yes they're fenderwells, the instructions give measurements to cut the holes (although reviews say the holes are way too big). if they'll work on my 68 valiant i'll probably remove the inner fenders completely and add tube braces to support the chassis (the car's going to be a gasser with a straight tube axle). i was more interested if they'll fit a 67 up a body really as they're quite a chunk of cash if they don't.
cheers, neil.

The 67 and up A body frame rails are wider than the 66 and down.
I really don't think they will work...

I think the 69 listing is a misprint. Check out Hedman Huslers for your Valiant.

researching bigger headers for my 68 Valiant / SB i found the Hedman 75140 a good alternative. One tube is going trough the fenderwell, and the tube from cylinder 1 is going down in front of the K-member.....this should really help with the tight space around starter / steering. I´ll change my cheap 1 5/8 to these this winter.

Michael

researching bigger headers for my 68 Valiant / SB i found the Hedman 75140 a good alternative. One tube is going trough the fenderwell, and the tube from cylinder 1 is going down in front of the K-member.....this should really help with the tight space around starter / steering. I´ll change my cheap 1 5/8 to these this winter.

Michael

Isn’t there another part number...like 75150 that doesn’t have the tube going through the fender well?

i knew the up to 66 and 67 on were different engine bay widths which was the only reason i asked the question. i wondered if anyone had tried them on a later body and if they fitted or how much they'd need altering to fit. small block fenderwell headers aren't exactly readily available these days so i'd be nice to hear from anyone who'd tried them. if it's going to be a real ballache to fit them i'll just make my own from scratch, it would be the first time.
neil.

I've had Headman Hustlers on my 67 Barracuda for many years. One tube goes through the fender on each side, but gives lots of room to reach things like plugs, starter, oil filter, etc.

-
Back