Anyone using a water pulley spacer on a magnum?

-

KevinB

Reaction score
Finally got the correct water pump, and started to put on the March Performance billet pulley. Water pump is the 4 bolt style, not pressed on. I'm gonna need a pulley cover machined with CNC but that's another story.

Anyway, since there's no pulley cover I can't tighten the bolts down all the way as they bottom out in the water pump flange. But regardless I held it where it would be if it was tight and the pulley will need a spacer behind it to line up with the crankshaft pulley.

I was looking around and found lots of "universal" spacers, but none that take into account the large 1" pump shaft sticking out through the flange. All I can see are spacers with .75" holes in center. Has anyone else run into this? I'm thinking if I can't find something I'll just have to get the center machined out, but I was hoping someone else has seen this problem.

For reference, my water pump:

A1 Cardone Remanufactured Water Pumps 58-447

I have not used these from March, but I had a set from Mopar some years ago. Everything lined up on mine. Do you know why your pulleys don't line up? Magnum engine with magnum timing cover and accessories should line up fine. If not stock, just cut a spacer out of flat stock of the thickness you need. Or have any fab shop near you make one, preferring water jet for speed. Balance should not be an issue.

I have not used these from March, but I had a set from Mopar some years ago. Everything lined up on mine. Do you know why your pulleys don't line up? Magnum engine with magnum timing cover and accessories should line up fine. If not stock, just cut a spacer out of flat stock of the thickness you need. Or have any fab shop near you make one, preferring water jet for speed. Balance should not be an issue.

I’m not sure why it’s not lining up, but it’s probably the water pump, I believe it was original for 5.2 motors, even though all the bolt holes line up fine. Looks like getting a shim made is the way to go

Any chance you could post a couple pictures of what you are dealing with? Are all of your brackets, alternator, power steering pump, and balancer from the same engine? Is it only the water pump pulley not lining up?

Any chance you could post a couple pictures of what you are dealing with? Are all of your brackets, alternator, power steering pump, and balancer from the same engine? Is it only the water pump pulley not lining up?

Won’t get a chance too today, the crank is the only other pulley on right now. After this water pump pulley is on, pretty much all other brackets and pulleys will be custom cnc pieces

Thanks, the whole goal is to get the ac compressor where the power steering pump usually lives. I hate that it’s normally front and center

Post pictures when you get it set up. Sounds pretty cool.

-
Back