Anyone waiting on Hotchkis parts!?

-

racerjoe

Reaction score
I've had a set of Hotchkis shocks and front sway bar on order since late Decemer and the estimated delivery keeps getting pushed back. The latest date was mid-March. Anyone else have this problem lately? They have told me it is a supply chain issue with raw materials, which I can understand to some point. I mean, if they don't have steel and aluminum, the whole place would be shut down, right?
Should I wait or go with QA1 shocks and maybe a Helwig bar? These parts are in stock and ready to ship.
Are the mono-tube Hotchkis that much better than the dual tube QA1?

I had the same problem with a Hotchkis front sway bar, waited over 4 months for it. I will say that it was worth the wait. I originally ordered a Hellwig sway bar and sent it back. The Hotchkis is a very nice bar.

I have both Hotchkis and Hellwig sway bars. The Hotchkis bars are definitely prettier, but the Hellwig bars work every bit as well as the Hotchkis bars.

The only thing to keep in mind is that they don't all use the same end link location, so, you want to make sure you buy the right bar. If you have a '68-'72 K frame the Hotchkis bar uses a custom end link/sway bar tab location. If you want to use a similar location as the Hotchkis, use the Hellwig 55917. It's the "pro-touring" bar and like the Hotchkis 67-72 bar it basically uses the factory 73+ LCA sway bar tab location. The Hellwig 5906 using the factory 67-72 sway bar tab locations, but it also limits tire clearance to less than a 245 (like the factory bar).

It looks like the #55917 is also not in stock in a lot of places and won't be for months.

I have both Hotchkis and Hellwig sway bars. The Hotchkis bars are definitely prettier, but the Hellwig bars work every bit as well as the Hotchkis bars.

The only thing to keep in mind is that they don't all use the same end link location, so, you want to make sure you buy the right bar. If you have a '68-'72 K frame the Hotchkis bar uses a custom end link/sway bar tab location. If you want to use a similar location as the Hotchkis, use the Hellwig 55917. It's the "pro-touring" bar and like the Hotchkis 67-72 bar it basically uses the factory 73+ LCA sway bar tab location. The Hellwig 5906 using the factory 67-72 sway bar tab locations, but it also limits tire clearance to less than a 245 (like the factory bar).

It looks like the #55917 is also not in stock in a lot of places and won't be for months.

I guess I’ll keep waiting. I have the 68-72 K, and LCAs with no tabs so I’ll have to do some fab work regardless of which bar I use. I also need the extra room for my wheels. Since the shocks are made by Fox, they are at their mercy in shipping those.

I ordered shocks and rear leafs for my 69 340 s end of November, all hotchkis stuff shocks showed up just before Christmas and leaf springs got here Wednesday.

Everybody's waitin on everything. What the hell?

I guess the car gods read my post. Shocks shipped on Friday and I got them today. Now let's see how long it takes to get the sway bar.

-
Back