Anyone want to talk Chevy! LOL

-
When I was looking up small-block stuff for the Chevy it mentioned all the other small blocks that the manifolds would go on except for the 307? But then I read it's the same as everything else like it's a stroked 283 or something. 283 with a 327 crank. Factory stroker!! LOL
Funny you mention that the crossbreed of a 327 and 283 became the famous high revving 302 in the early Z28.

I have been enjoying a sweet old 305 with well over 200 grand miles on it, not a power house but it is pushing a 32 spine 9 inch ford threw a 200r4 in a 64 GMC.

Funny you mention that the crossbreed of a 327 and 283 became the famous high revving 302 in the early Z28.
Yup. People were racing 302's for years, then Chevy built one. I have a soft spot for '69 Z's. When I was 15 my uncle brought one to my house that had 10 miles on it. He said it was time for me to learn how to drive. Thank God I was fearless.

Hotrodding 101 ??? Build a fun engine out of what junk/spare parts, there is available. Does not matter what brand or engine, the goal is getting the most fun for the easiest and cheapest! Smiles per mile.

Yeah, for years the hot rodders bored a 283 out to 4 inches even and called it a 301, when Chevy had a need for an engine that size they parts bin engineered it by using a 327 block and a 283 crank and called it a 302. And they went the other way by using a 327 crank in a block with a 283 bore size and made the 307.

The 307 in our boat runs all day at 3500 rpm's, smooth and crisp all the way up to 6000 with the ski prop.
A good engine for a boat, should do okay in a light car.

Im wearing a Chevrolet shirt right now.....ouch! Its my "do the brakes 'cause you know your going to get dirty" shirt...and it was free.

Thank you for everybody's comments but for some reason I'm not getting notices? Hells Bells, I just noticed everybody was talking about this again. I'm a little jazzed about this Chevy project because I do so much Mopar stuff.

Thank you for everybody's comments but for some reason I'm not getting notices? Hells Bells, I just noticed everybody was talking about this again. I'm a little jazzed about this Chevy project because I do so much Mopar stuff.
I have an extra 350 truck engine on an engine stand, been thinking about something to do w/ it myself !

I've got a 400 sbc 4 bolt main on a stand. Not sure what I am going to do with it. I bought it complete.

I have a couple 350 4 bolts sitting on stands so I bought some El Camino projects for my son and I.
elcamino 001.JPG
feb 2018 005.JPG

Mike Schmitz runs a 331 and a clutch-less 5 speed in his Camaro. Not a 327 over engine though. It's a 6" rod 30??? with a ??? stroke crank.

Mike Schmitz runs a 331 and a clutch-less 5 speed in his Camaro. Not a 327 over engine though. It's a 6" rod 30??? with a ??? stroke crank.

Cool car and awesome launch, but not a smart place to film! I've see clutch cars spit the driveshaft out the back.

-
Back