Anyone with feedback on the Manzo shortie headers?

-

Dragonsteel

Reaction score
When I first saw the title for this post I thought " this belongs on insidetopalcohol." LOL. Then I looked at the ad and how are those hemi headers? As far as them fitting in your car I see no way that they clear the steering box or shaft. Unless you flip them over and mount turbos on top. Price is dirt cheap for shorties much less stainless Shorties.

Chinese/off shore made stuff.

Would be nice to know the flange thickness.

Google: Manzo Stainless Steel Headers and read about the people that have installed them.

Those have been around awhile, by different names. Mostly used in street rod apps. I had a set 5 or so years ago. They do not fit cars. They have the potential to fit trucks by the looks of them, but that is just a guess.

Unless you flip them over and mount turbos on top.

They do not fit upside down for use as a turbo header. They hug the block very well, when flipped they hit the heads/ valve covers hard.

Aside from that they are a very well built header. Thick flanges, large collector, tubes were 1 3/4" IIRC.

Yes, but keep in mind I said possibly. They mimic the factory center dump manifolds, but their width may be a problem. Don't know for sure if they would fit between the frame rails.

Yes, but keep in mind I said possibly. They mimic the factory center dump manifolds, but their width may be a problem. Don't know for sure if they would fit between the frame rails.

Noted...I might have to check them out though.

Hahaha! I was thinking the exact same thing when I read the comment! I saw these on eBay and was wondering. I need big block truck headers for my Ramcharger. Bouchillon Performance Engineering makes a set pretty cheap in a long tube header.

http://www.bpeusa.com/BPEheaderManifolds.asp

Hmmm, looks like the difference between those and a set of Hedmans is mostly a wash...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hed-79250/overview/make/dodge

My Dad mentioned taking that 383 I wanted to stuff in my Scamp, and dropping it in his old '85 Ramcharger. It hasn't been routinely driven in probably 15 years or so, and something tells me a decently built 383 or stroker 383 would make that thing move rather smartly down the road. It's either that or put an LA stroker in it so I wouldn't have to buy all new accessories and stuff.

-
Back