Are 1970 340 Dart Swinger Heater Cores With or Without AC the same?

-
With A/C:
1666222976350.png

Without A/C:
1666223031547.png

Compare to yours to verify.

In my 1969 Dart, the heater core was different, with longer tubes to reach over the AC evaporator, as I recall. Indeed, the whole climate box was different than in non-AC cars, and I think even the firewall differed. While in-there, check the condensate pan carefully. Mine had corroded thru to drip on the carpet. Many years later, I got a leak again, and suspected my pan repair (soldered galv sheet), but turned out I had bent the copper tube upward on the engine side of the firewall when removing the engine, so just bent it down to drain properly.

In my 1969 Dart, the heater core was different, with longer tubes to reach over the AC evaporator, as I recall. Indeed, the whole climate box was different than in non-AC cars, and I think even the firewall differed. While in-there, check the condensate pan carefully. Mine had corroded thru to drip on the carpet. Many years later, I got a leak again, and suspected my pan repair (soldered galv sheet), but turned out I had bent the copper tube upward on the engine side of the firewall when removing the engine, so just bent it down to drain properly.

Thank you for the reply. I noticed that heater cores are being listed as the same for both with and without AC. Once I remove it I can compare.

There was only one heater core used in 1970 thru 1972 abodies, with or without ac. Chrysler part number 2933000. The heater-ac box was redesigned in 1973 using one heater core for ac and one heater core without ac, as seen in post 2.

there are different cores for AC and non-AC in a 70 Dart. What year car are you working on???

So what are the Chrysler part numbers for AC and non-AC heater cores? 1970-71 parts catalog can be seen on mymopar.

there are different cores for AC and non-AC in a 70 Dart. What year car are you working on???

I am working on a 1970 340 Dart Swinger with AC.

It’s gets a little confusing when I hear they are the same and sometimes hear that they are different.

I have seen an ad that states they are the same which makes sense if they were up until 1973.

Once I get it apart I can compare. Until I get it apart I was starting to research availability and have since had different responses.

I do appreciate the replies. I just have to confirm mine looking at the photos posted. If they are the same it would make it much easier to replace the core if needed.

-
Back