Are people really that CLUELESS?

-

AlaskaJeff

Reaction score
So I'm surfing thru CL for a replacement/upgrade vehicle for the MRS and this vehicle pops up. It's a 2018 Jeep Compass Sport. Looks pretty decent..........Until I see this picture of the rear cargo area!!:realcrazy::realcrazy:
00c0c_ePDgINQpzuWz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

WHY on God's green earth would you post a picture like this?????? Do they honestly believe that it's a good picture? Am I missing something here?

id rather see that in a pic in the add, then find out about it when i show up, cash in hand

It's been used as a truck/sUv and they want prospective buyers to know.

So I'm surfing thru CL for a replacement/upgrade vehicle for the MRS and this vehicle pops up. It's a 2018 Jeep Compass Sport. Looks pretty decent..........Until I see this picture of the rear cargo area!!:realcrazy::realcrazy:
View attachment 1715798599
WHY on God's green earth would you post a picture like this?????? Do they honestly believe that it's a good picture? Am I missing something here?
It's called 'as is' there is dog hair in it apparently and they want you to see that because they're honest.

Careful now, you're sounding awfully judgmental and petty.

That's where the dog hair is in our vehicles in the back... Not jumping around in the seats and getting it all over where we sit.. with our three little dogs that would take about two trips to get that bad LOL... Nothing I vacuum can't cure... Ask me how I know LOL...

i disagree
if you show up and then there is undisclosed pethair, then it become it bargaining chip
seems to me, he got in front of that
I wouldn't lower the price 5 cents because of the hair in the very back, especially since the pictures showed it. I'd grab a vacuum and in 3 minutes in front of their eyes have it cleaned up, then tell 'em "we are right back at the asking price..... which is firm now" :D :D lol

Last edited:
If I bring my dog with me in my truck I usually just put a towel down in the passenger seat.. but that open area in our SUVs is free game.. if I see anybody clawing or biting I'd stop the car...
Of course we do have WeatherTech mats and all that...

The back of my jeep was beat to ****, but I cleaned it up as best I could. A bit of soap and water got the engine grease and dirt out of the carpet, so all that was left was a decent amount of scratches in the plastic that I could not eliminate. I told the lady who bought it that I used it to haul car parts and she was fine because she was planning to use it as a truck as well.

Yes, he could have vacuumed it. I'll usually clean my cars before listing. Maybe he showed it to show all that pets rode in the vehicle. If your allergies won't allow for it, at least you know. It's pet hair and not spilled Coke-Cola. Either way, wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

And to answer the question yes people are that clueless LOL they're probably not car flippers or car sellers of any kind. Probably got a new vehicle and just trying to get rid of the old one. We as car people know the cues and things to do to get a car to sell like vacuuming... Again this could be a sign of total neglect or a sign of simple honesty / not knowing better...

How do you get them to the veterinarian?..
Don’t want to sound like a bad guy here but
If it’s that bad, I’ll either shoot ‘em or have the vet come to me. Mission dictates. Lol I only have a couple dogs, out side only, and 11 cats, also live outside.

I live on a ranch, off the beaten path. :)

I see it this way, most thirty somethings now grew up as spoiled brats not taught to take care of anythiing..you break it mom buys you a new one. Cleaning a car? yeah right...

Ive got a pickup, not an suv, and since california banned pets in the bed (i really dont have a problem with that, to be honest)
they ride in the back seat.
When i first brought my friends 100lb dobie mix from cali to visit in arizona, i covered the back seat with a big moving blanket. With my two shepherds, and my best friends shepherd and dobie mix, i havent seen any need to remove it.

Then again, im not trying to sell my truck.

I must say my wife's old SUV that she only uses to go 10 blocks up to the dog park and five blocks to the grocery store with is pretty horrendous... She's got a brand new SUV she doesn't use for either one of those things and it's pretty clean...
When it ever becomes time to sell the old SUV it's either going to get parted out or taken to the scrap yard or both...

-
Back