are the Dart & barracuda top frames the same?

-

WildCat

Reaction score
Today at the swap meet a guy with a 68 Barracuda convertible top frame, stainless steel trim, lift cylinders & pump, sunvisors & mirror included

I ended up buying the whole thing from him

Does anyone have a parts reference guide to see what all is the same between the Dart & Barracuda.

I know the top latches are, would guess the mirror & sunvisors are the same.

The stainless steel windshield trim looks the same but not sure.

Once i check out what all is there and the condition most of it will be for sale.

If someone needs some parts let me know.

Larry,

I have a 67 Parts Book at home. I ASSume that the 67.68, 69 frames would be close to the same.

If you can wait until I get back home next week (after 3/12/12). I will check the book and see if all the part numbers are the same for the Dart and Barracuda.

Herb

[quote="Dart67";1754195]Larry,

I have a 67 Parts Book at home. I ASSume that the 67.68, 69 frames would be close to the same.

If you can wait until I get back home next week (after 3/12/12). I will check the book and see if all the part numbers are the same for the Dart and Barracuda.

Herb[/quote]

Herb

no problem, just curious as to what this frame will fit

I have a complete 69 Dart frame and now this 68 Barracuda frame. Will be parting with this one, don't need 2 spares.

The guy didn't want to take the frame home with him. I wanted the top latches for spares so bought the whole thing.

Larry,

I got home from Illinios at 4:45 Pm yesterday(3/12/12).

I just went out to the shop and checked my 1967 Parts Book.(3/13/12)

It shows ALL of the convertible top parts numbers as being the same for both the Barracuda and Dart.

If you need part numbers for anything, let me know.

Herb

[quote="Dart67";1766199]Larry,

I got home from Illinios at 4:45 Pm yesterday(3/12/12).

I just went out to the shop and checked my 1967 Parts Book.(3/13/12)

It shows ALL of the convertible top parts numbers as being the same for both the Barracuda and Dart.

If you need part numbers for anything, let me know.

Herb[/quote]

Thanks Herb,

that is what I was wanting to know. Just thought when I decide to sell to know what it will fit.

Good seeing you again

Larry

Today at the swap meet a guy with a 68 Barracuda convertible top frame, stainless steel trim, lift cylinders & pump, sunvisors & mirror included

I ended up buying the whole thing from him

Does anyone have a parts reference guide to see what all is the same between the Dart & Barracuda.

I know the top latches are, would guess the mirror & sunvisors are the same.

The stainless steel windshield trim looks the same but not sure.

Once i check out what all is there and the condition most of it will be for sale.

If someone needs some parts let me know.

Do you still have the top frame? I need a front header panel for mine, please contact me email or pm

-
Back