Are these pistons good for my 318

-

73SwungOut

Reaction score
Yo wuts up guys. Sry for all the posts and questions lately. So on my recent posts i listed all the performance parts I'll be installing on my 318. I saw that a few of you mentioned the KB 167 being a pretty good choice. However seeing that these are rated at 2 stars in the photo... just wanted to ask you all if these are still a good set. I plan to swap out for some better ones in about 2 yrs along with a stroker crank and some aftermarket heads. So just Wana know if these are good pistons for now cuz I'm about to purchase.. thanx again my peeps

Screenshot_20230309_103310_Chrome.jpg

Yes. Use the search and put in KB 167. Read up and you will learn a lot.

Yo wuts up guys. Sry for all the posts and questions lately. So on my recent posts i listed all the performance parts I'll be installing on my 318. I saw that a few of you mentioned the KB 167 being a pretty good choice. However seeing that these are rated at 2 stars in the photo... just wanted to ask you all if these are still a good set. I plan to swap out for some better ones in about 2 yrs along with a stroker crank and some aftermarket heads. So just Wana know if these are good pistons for now cuz I'm about to purchase.. thanx again my peeps

View attachment 1716061220
They get a 2 star rating from people who buy them and either can't or won't read the instructions on setting the ring end gap.

They get a 2 star rating from people who buy them and either can't or won't read the instructions on setting the ring end gap.
Gotcha.. Hopefully my machinist knows the deal. Good looking out Glockr..

I think those pistons were at Summits scratch & dent sale in McDonough,GA. for $280!

I think those pistons were at Summits scratch & dent sale in McDonough,GA. for $280!
I think I'd rather have them spanking new since they going deep in the hole.. Thanx for taking the time though my brother

I think I'd rather have them spanking new since they going deep in the hole.. Thanx for taking the time though my brother
They "are" new. I can understand how the term "scratch & dent" may sound but they are demo items that didn't sell. They were brand new still wrapped in plastic! Next time I go I'll take pictures of what I find.

Follow the ring gap instructions. They’re different than from oem specs.
Yep, the top ring land is very close to the crown and sees a lot of heat, i used the the nitrous spec and then some for peace of mind. If you don't have enough gap the top ring will butt together and crack the piston.

-
Back