Are they THAT special??? Craigslist ad

-
Notice the ad says Or best offer.
He's reaching, for that price, but in reality they don't sell for that price.
Reaching for such a limited market, that really doesn't exist anymore, in this day and age.

I sold one for $400 or $450 4 years ago at a Mopar swap meet.

they are expensive to ship.

It’s basically a skid plate welded to a 70 b-body k-member. And they sell accurate skid plate separately now.

Just sold one about 6 months ago for $350 with sway bar/linkage and 1 control arm to a FABO member .

Notice the ad says Or best offer.
He's reaching, for that price, but in reality they don't sell for that price.
Reaching for such a limited market, that really doesn't exist anymore, in this day and age.

I didn't think so. I know this is Canada so parts are more expensive anyway, but...

I sold one for $400 or $450 4 years ago at a Mopar swap meet.

they are expensive to ship.

It’s basically a skid plate welded to a 70 b-body k-member. And they sell accurate skid plate separately now.
considering how crappy most of the factory K member welds tend to look, it wouldn't be hard to fake one

I asked on FBBO a few months back about a 1970 440-6 K member. $250.00-$500.00 depending on condition. The guy that bought my buddies 69 Dodge R/T convertible 440-6 4 gear car bought it as an extra. Kim

Considering you can make one from a slant six K frame for a fraction of the cost, It's just not worth it. I'm not sure they were ever worth that much coin.

K-members are an interesting piece. Sometimes big money can be had while other times they go begging and too many people think they are too hard and expensive to ship. The big thing to the numbers crowd is the part number, even if it can't be easily seen. And, somebody who "needs" the correct one will pay or not...

Reminds me of the guy who called when I was selling a 1961 413 HP in good shape. He had a 1961 300-G with no engine. He didn't want to drive 25 miles (or less) to come look at it for $500/offer (late 1980s). Never understood the logic of trying to restore a car like that and not going to have a look at the correct motor. And, I still know where that motor is...

K-members are an interesting piece. Sometimes big money can be had while other times they go begging and too many people think they are too hard and expensive to ship. The big thing to the numbers crowd is the part number, even if it can't be easily seen. And, somebody who "needs" the correct one will pay or not...

Reminds me of the guy who called when I was selling a 1961 413 HP in good shape. He had a 1961 300-G with no engine. He didn't want to drive 25 miles (or less) to come look at it for $500/offer (late 1980s). Never understood the logic of trying to restore a car like that and not going to have a look at the correct motor. And, I still know where that motor is...

Some people want somethin for nuthin all the time.

SpEcIaL eD? lol
Screenshot_20191009-071943.png

As opposed to this picture he does kind of resemble YOU!... :poke::D...

Some people want somethin for nuthin all the time.

Well, considering that I had basically nothing in the 413 (I love free stuff)...Guy gave me the '65 Town and Country wagon that it was in (rusted through roof), paid for the gas for a buddy of mine to tow it to my place, and sold the carcass for $50 to a demo derby guy (after removing all the good stuff (cluster, grille, tail lights, etc.). I then traded the 413 for a core 440 that I traded for some HP manifolds...

If anybody remembers this car from the magazine. The guy who built it used my real GTS convertible as his pattern. Built the car and sold it a year later. He had a bunch of parts left over. He called me and asked if I wanted them. I said I did after he said they were free. Volvo station wagon FILLED floor to ceiling with parts...He had spent over a year finding all the NOS and good used parts he could buy and had a lot left over. Did I mention I love free parts?

dart-pg-1.jpg

-
Back