Are you Building / Remodeling / Upgrading a garage?

-
I just got a heat pump (combo AC/Heater) installed in my newish garage (and we're going into triple digits this weekend, so just in the nick of time!)

:)

almost done building my Dodge showroom. one more coat of paint on the ceiling and a garage door.

Hi im in the process of trying to find a builder in my area .Im looking to have a 40x40 garage built and I really don't know where to start.Thanks...................................Jeff:blob::violent1::burnout:

I never noticed the garage part of the forum, glad you pointed it out! I am in the very beginning of planning a new garage, I will make sure I post the build, etc. And, hopefully get some ideas to incorporate into it!

Shower and toilet upgrade

Attachments

• IMG_2439 (Small).JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,184
  • IMG_2440 (Small).JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,178
  • IMG_2443 (Small).JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,178
  • IMG_2446 (Small).JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,144
Here's some pics of my recently organized detached 2 car. I still need to run air lines from the new compressor though.

Attachments

• photo 5.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,133
  • photo 5 (2).jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,144
  • photo 4.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 1,134
  • photo 4 (2).jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,152
  • photo 1.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,137
I had a 20 x 20 and a long driveway, so..........now I have a 20 x 40 and a short driveway. Best I could do in a residential hood and not po the city or neighbors. Now I just need to finish the interior and wiring..........

Attachments

• garage8.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 1,098
  • garage5.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 1,071
  • garage.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,061
Here's a snap of the AC vent in the garage...sure is nice now that we're in the 110+ temps!

Attachments

• AC in Garage.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 1,085
Then why aren't you posting in this forum?

Ha!

I was going to convert my 2-car carport to a garage... drew up plans for it... but the city tells me I can't do it because it's 8 inches too narrow for their current standard. They say it has to be 20 feet clear between the studs -- mine was built (in 1975) 20 feet wide on the outside of the studs.

#%$@!

Slab is only 20 feet wide, no room to make it wider between the house and the setback. And it's not like it would be a doddle to knock down a whole structural wall while supporting the roof, anyway.

My new plan is to fill in the open side with lightweight panels (to keep out dust & wind), and install vertical rollup shade screens instead of doors (powered, in tracks). I don't care if it's burglar-proof, I just want to hide what's in there from drive-bys, and keep it reasonably clean and dry inside.

just purchased this new shop. not next to my house, but just 2 min 20 sec from my drive way. Has one large bay that will hold 2 cars. One bay has a 2 post lift and the third bay has a 4 post lift. I sign the papers next week. I can't wait to get moved in. Moving from a 768 sq ft shop to this 1950 sq ft space. Should be room to finish my car.

Attachments

• shop.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 922
  • shop 2.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 945
just purchased this new shop. not next to my house, but just 2 min 20 sec from my drive way. Has one large bay that will hold 2 cars. One bay has a 2 post lift and the third bay has a 4 post lift. I sign the papers next week. I can't wait to get moved in. Moving from a 768 sq ft shop to this 1950 sq ft space. Should be room to finish my car.

Out of the box- nice.

Are you going to run a business out of it, or just use it for a personal shop?

Are you concerned about the high traffic vs security?

If I may ask, what kind of price are old gas stations going for?

Any EPA issues?

I am getting ideas together to build an attached garage to the house which might be 28 x 32(2 car garage).One area will be for a laundry room for my washer and dryer,which is in the kitchen right now.I am not sure yet on heating requirements for the winter and there is no natural gas to the house yet.

I never posted in this forum before either (I'm a big huge fan of The Garage Journal Forum too :-D) ... but it's kinda fun living vicariously through all the rest who have. Roger, I have to agree with the comment up there that your shower upgrade is absolutely stunning! You've told me about it on the phone before but I sure wasn't expecting THAT. Awesome work all around my friends!!

Excuse me while I wipe the drool.....AC in an Arizona garage 8) :thumblef: =P~

Just got the electric bill...ouch...gotta quit leaving it set at 85 and just turn it on before I go out to work in it (bill was about 20% higher than usual). :)

1 have 3 brand new windows that were for my new garage 8 years ago, that never got build because broken back up rights or laydown sliders plastic wrap with built in j channel , also some huge 4 season porch windows v nice ,sliding door size and 1 brand new entrance door any 1 close enough to pick up in sun prairie wisc 53590 the smaller windows might ship cheaper I just have no use any more unless I hit the lottery ,like I hit the lottery of broken backs ,slipped on a dam floor and landed just wrong . stay safe were all 1 slip away if interested in any doors or windows pm for a few pictures and telly TC ALL lotta 64/65 barracuda trim ,doors dash ,and more of those parts too got to be gone by sept 15 pm me

I built a steel build in my back yard a few years back with the help of good friends. I will get pic's and post. Must be doing something wrong can't seem to download pics. Building is 40'x50'x16' at peak. Has 3 12'x12' roll up doors. With Forward 10,000lb 2 post lift.

I am waiting on a quote for a 26x32 garage using structural insulated panels (SIP's) using them for walls and roof, and heating the structure with radiant in floor heat. Nice thing about SIP's is you give window door opening sizes and location and some weeks later they come to your site on a semi and you assemble on a pre-poured slab or footing and a couple of people can erect it in 2 or 3 days. But they seem to be more expensive. I should be finding out in a week or so.

Thanks YY1. I'm just using it for my toy box. I'll probably put an alarm system in it but I don't think I'll have any problems. The asking price was $50K but we did some horse (or in this case, house trading) Water will be on tomorrow and power will be on Thursday. I'm excited! I hope to finish my Dart before October 7th. I want to take it to Cruzin the Coast in Biloxi.
Tom

-
Back