Are you quarantined or still working ?

-

Kern Dog

Build your car to handle.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I thought that I was going to be quarantined soon. Today, Sacramento and Placer county were both ordered to comply with the "Shelter in Place" restrictions.
On the job, each day was looking like it could be the last one. Word came down that some influential people in the construction industry twisted some arms and as a result, ALL construction workers are exempt from the restrictions.
California infrastructure and other construction projects have been deemed Essential in the same way that grocery stores, gas stations and restaurants have been.
I thought I'd be sent home for 2-3 weeks but apparently, the big-wigs feel that construction needs to stay running.
I'm working on a school project that is scheduled to open in the fall. We are supposed to be done and clear out by the end of May.
I've been in contact with a few blue collar buddies, a few that work in the SF bay area. They are all working. Another works in Sacramento, he is sitting at home. A friend that does maintenance at a High School in Auburn is only working 2 hours a day, 3 days a week. Huh ?
How is it looking for you ?

Working here,but, i check remote oil wells around here. I for the most part never see anyone when I'm out and about.

Still working. Everyone panic buying all the ammo is keeping my job busy. Been working 6 days a week the past few weeks. Glad to be working still.

Still working. I’m an elevator mechanic I would get at least 3-7 calls a day for broke units. I have had not one call all week. We are finally doing maintenance in pretty much empty buildings. I haven’t ridden an elevator with a single person all week. Most of the large hotels are talking about suspending their contracts. I’ll work while I can.

I was sent home Monday to work from home. I now have my complete work computer/displays system set up on the kitchen table so I can do my daily work for a small company.
I do inside sales work and deal with fire departments in half the country.
The only one still working in the building is our shipping clerk getting shipments packaged and dealing with UPS/FedEx and the USPS.

Still working... thankfully! I run the cleaning crew at a large textile mill.

Closed the store and sent everyone home. Gonna be a big hit but I'm continuing their paychecks while I can. We'll see how the Fed programs shake out or just empty promises.

Still working. Sell tires/mechanic services. Nothing’s changed except business has slowed down.

Still working, regular hours, though business seems a little slower, but as a commercial truck driver, I expect I will keep working unless I get sick. Been some policy and procedure changes reflecting the current situation, but as long as goods need to be shipped, I'll be working.

Way up north here. Self employed, work out of my shop at home. Business has all dried up. People arent driving their cars, so maintenance isnt really an issue right now. Couple jobs tomorrow and one next week.

Cancel all my appointments for 2 weeks to see how things shake out. I help people work on their hot rod projects and there's nothing pressing about that.. Better safe than sorry...
Just getting a few things done around the house that I've been neglecting and having time to work on my own car..

What I find ironic is that the price of gas is the lowest it's been in years, and there's nowhere to go. The border will be closed in the next 24 to 36 hours, that sucks as I have some parts waiting to be picked up in Mt. My brother called me on Tuesday to see if I would pick up the parts he has there since I'm 2 1/2 hours closer, now it will be weeks or possibly months before I can get there. Now if I could get my company to send me down to Great Falls with a load for delivery.......... except that we don't run international.

Still working, run a water treatment plant. Main reason I went this route.
**edit** LOTS of changes though with social distancing, split crews, I'm isolated in control room at work.

Last edited:
Still working with 140+ people but have distance restrictions, if you feel ill they give you a mask and get you out the door and everyone else keeps working cause it's totally safe
:bs_flag:

Both for me.

I been sick for a few days. Hospital says im fine and to stay home. (No test for me, im not in the correct demographic.)

Went to the shop today to get some work done. First thing i touched turned into a huge problem. No energy to mess with it so i rolled the door clesed and went home.

I'm still working. I live in Oklahoma but we just started a year long project in Little Rock, AR. I'm a superintendent and have one crew here working. I just hired 3 local guys today.

I'm hoping that I'm immune to this crap having been a sewer/utility guy for 10 years.

Still at it. Not allowed inside, but I can work outside. If I'm not given work, I have enough side projects to keep me busy

Be sure to be respectful and nice to those still working. Tip the waitress even if you do takeout

I own a small engineering business - I have my office in the pole building behind my house. I'm trying to quarantine away from my wife, but it isnt working......

New business and quote requests have slowed down the last 2 weeks, but existing projects are still going. A lot of my cusotmers are adjusting to working from home. I usually travel regularly to see customers in person, but wont be doing that for a while.
If the stock market wasnt crashing at the same time, I wouldnt worry about this thing at all.

I'm still working. I am the parts manager for a small GM dealer.

We are still all employed, not sure for how long, since the announced the big 3 are halting production, which means sales will show and parts receiving.

Retired -- Got lots of necessities - car full of gas-- house to garage, and cabin, and back. That's it, for a while. -- Put this notice, on the house door. ---
Notice - For Forum.JPG

Not confined to home but they close all the bars tomorrow.. Luckily my son owns one of the bars so I can still get free drinks whenever I like................................??/ All eateries also will close. they tested 6 people in my city for the first time....waiting for results.

Both,

Work from home mainly, depending on the volume. sometimes out every day! just depends.

-
Back