Armrests

-

DentalDart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What size bolt/screw holds in the armrest? These are the ones that I took out to remove the old armrest but they dont match, should I just find some slightly longer ones that are the same thickness?

Thanks!

20200227_160324.jpg

Are my replacement armrests for the rear and not the front? I can only get them to cover the whole backing portion if the grab part is upside down... unless I'm missing something?

Edit- I have determined that they are in fact for the rears.

Ok maybe next time I'll get the right ones.

20200227_162842.jpg

Last edited:
Did you need the rears?

IIRC the screws are Phillips round head for the front.

What size bolt/screw holds in the armrest? These are the ones that I took out to remove the old armrest but they dont match, should I just find some slightly longer ones that are the same thickness?

Thanks!

View attachment 1715478105

The screw on the top looks correct/original- should be a large Phillips head. The bolt is definitely not factory.

How many do you need . Pay the postage after you get them. Even after your "dislike" I'll still help. Maybe someday someone will knock my teeth out and I'll need your help. LOL PM me your address. I'll have my wife shipped them. I believe flat rate is around $5. pay me when you get them. Do you need all 8? I am taking them out of this Dart today also

DSCN0981.JPG

106_0233.JPG

The screw on the top looks correct/original- should be a large Phillips head. The bolt is definitely not factory.

I can see right now where you are going to have a problem.
The top screw in your pic is the correct one as mentioned, but the bottom one was put in because the hole for that screw is stripped so they put a bigger screw in.
You are going to have to fix that before the correct screw will work.

Personally I don't really care if the correct screw is in those, but just that what is in there holds the arm rest securely.
I have put one of those stamped steel nuts on the backside of the screw before, but it's kind of a pain in the butt to reach up in there with a panel in place.
You have to get your arm under the panel at a corner to hold the nut.

Sometimes you can hammer the metal down flat where the larger screw went through.

How many do you need . Pay the postage after you get them. Even after your "dislike" I'll still help. Maybe someday someone will knock my teeth out and I'll need your help. LOL PM me your address. I'll have my wife shipped them. I believe flat rate is around $5. pay me when you get them. Do you need all 8? I am taking them out of this Dart today also

View attachment 1715478358

View attachment 1715478360

I only "need" 1, but I'll have to take you up on the offer when I get a correct front armrest as these aren't the right ones. For now I just moved my armrest from my passenger side to the drivers side.

What year and color arm rests do you need . I have pretty many of black 68-72 I get $10 each for nice ones.

Said missing armrest.

Ps- I have the back part of the seat, it just doesn't like to stay on.

20200228_090814.jpg

Said missing armrest.

Ps- I have the back part of the seat, it just doesn't like to stay on.

View attachment 1715478448

Did you find out that running those long screws in there without the rest part can jam up the window regulator?:D

Something I thought to mention to you was that sometimes when I run across a stripped screw hole I put a section of paper clip through the screw hole and bend it over.
Then put the screw in and it tightens up.
Mostly have done it with dash screws and things like the door handle bezels.
Maybe the same idea for your armrest screw holes would work, but with somthing a little larger.
Coat hanger wire maybe.

-
Back