As much as I hate Ford...

-

mopardude318

Reaction score
I just saw THE NICEST '67 Mustang Fastback GT350. Some older guy (older than me) about 55 or 60 was driving it...Like he had it his whole life working on it and just got it done...It was that mustang blue with white racing stripes, torq thrust 5 spoke wheels with those spinner center caps. Black interior, bucket seats and a 4 speed manual. Paint was perfect, chrome was perfect. The damn thing sounded SOO nice! And I just cruised right next to him for a couple miles, stoplight to stoplight. I loved how he'd hold each gear in that sweet spot RPM and let the engine rev, then shift, and do it again...Man, it gave me the chills! As much as I hate mustangs and fords, I have always had a soft spot for the 67 fastbacks...One day, I will own one...I got my motivation I needed for the day. Off to working on my '68 Cuda!!!

Ya know somethin dude? When ya finaly get that one car you never had or have just right, be it in your hands for years or like so many other fella's give up the chase for family and other things, ya gotta love it when ya see a nice American car done nicely and the guy is just dang happy behind the wheel.

I like older Mustangs (67/68 & the March 1) and the recent additions to the Stang stable.

2rxfqr6.jpg

Yup. I always liked those

I like any of the American made cars in the Muscle car era. I also like some American made cars out of that era.

This 67 sits in a barn about a mile from my house. I almost convinced the owner to sell it to me, but his son stepped in and said that he wants to restore it someday. Hate it when that happens. I will hit him up about it again next summer.

It's a factory 289 C4 car with Black Luxury Interior and the original paint color is Emerald Blue.

Attachments

• Mustang.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 106
James as you get older you will go through phases with brands of cars/trucks.My second car was a beat up old 69 Mustang and I changed every part on that car.It,s what got me into cars and led to my job at the Ford Plant here 24 yrs ago.I fell out of Fords and got into Pontiacs.I,ve had 2 1969 GTO,s,1 1973 Gran-am(Can-am 455HO)numerous Le-mans Sports,Firebirds.Then a Oldsmobile Cutlass that I had redone with a 70 sb.Now 5 yrs ago at the age of 42 bought my first Mopar,then a second one and haven,t looked back since.LOL.I,ve seen many a rare car scrapped back in the day,from Cyclones to Super Bee,s,Chevelle,s.Oh I wish I had money back then.You,ll see that your taste in cars will change through life.You already have 2 very nice Rare cars in my opinion.Hope you never let them go.:cheers:

-
Back