Ashtrays and Belt Moulding

-

Hank’sFS

Reaction score
Anyone know where to get the rear seat ashtrays> How about the SS moulding on the outside of each quarter window?

Also, is are the doors on my convertible the same as the sedan/fastback? Need belt moulding for them too.

2-door hardtop doors will physically fit but have another "catch" bolted in them and the door glass is different. The You must have a 68 convertible, the molding on the quarters can only be find used and the pot metal transition pieces are unobtainium. The door belt molding is the same as hardtop but can only be find used.

MR-679BTFTM....1967-69 Plymouth Barracuda - Front Transition Mldg's – this style Comes to an end – for cars WITHOUT top door edge mouldings...$165 pair

353-45224....1967-69 Barracuda – Front Transition mldgs – for those vehicles that have Stainless trim along the top of quarter glass and door glass Where this mldg “transitions” between trim next to the Quarter glass and the stainless boot mldg
Chrysler original part # 2784 024 / 025....$179 pair

RD-ABC...1967-69 A-body convertible rear ash tray in side panel...$24.00 ea

RD-ABCP.....1967-69 A-body convertible rear ash tray in side panel....$45.00 pair

MR-679BTFTM....1967-69 Plymouth Barracuda - Front Transition Mldg's – this style Comes to an end – for cars WITHOUT top door edge mouldings...$165 pair

353-45224....1967-69 Barracuda – Front Transition mldgs – for those vehicles that have Stainless trim along the top of quarter glass and door glass Where this mldg “transitions” between trim next to the Quarter glass and the stainless boot mldg

RD-ABCP.....1967-69 A-body convertible rear ash tray in side panel....$45.00 pair

Did you guys sell the last set of 68 Dart pot metal transition molding you had? I made the assumption he was talking about Darts not Barracudas.

We have the 68 Dart transition moldings in stock, and more on the way....

I kinda surmised the OP has a Barracuda convertible due to a couple of things.....

His username is Hank'sFS....ie: Hank's Formula S....and "are the doors on my convertible the same as the sedan/fastback?"

Hank if you can find the quarter molding from a notch you can cut it to fit the tor of the convertible quarter. Not 100% oem but pretty close

So Rick, so does this mean that maybe my car doesn't have those SS top door edge mouldings? I thought all Barracudas had them. I have the front transition pieces, will upload photo.
IMG_2160.JPG

First and foremost thank you for the response. Yes it is a Formula S Barracuda, I should have mentioned that. Nice detective work Rick!

Hank. I think I may have the rear ash trays out of my 68 fastback, u can have them if u want to pay the shipping and .03% paypal fee.
Will look for them to make sure--------------bob

Hank,
You definitely did not have the arm burners with that being your transition. I believe they were most prevalent on the 67's and you saw fewer in the later years.
Also the ashtrays for the convertible are convertible specific.

-
Back