[FOR SALE] Ask and you shall recieve! (Flip Top Gas cap Adapter)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

4mulaSvaliant

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Contact seller
Ok I seen a decent amount of people wanting the Flip Top Gas Cap adapter I made, so I am having some made. After figuring the cost up I can sell them at $30.00 plus shipping. These do not weigh much so it should be pretty damn cheap anywhere I need to send it. Here are some pics of how mine came out.

As far as what I am having done, it will be exactly what you see but in black material instead. I figured black is probably the safest color to choose.
I will have all of these made just the same as I had mine made. I had the machinist NOT drill the 4 mounting holes. The reason I did this was because I wanted to make sure it fit my particular cap. Also if I needed to move it slightly one way or the other it was possible. I figure better safe than sorry.
The install is very easy.
1.I placed the adapter on my cap. (with the cap open and on the bench)
2.Clamped it in place.
3.Drilled the 1st hole.
4.Placed a screw through the hole.
5.Lined it up and clamped it again.
6.Proceed to drill the rest of the holes.
7.Used the original screws that hold the filler neck to the Quarter panel to put it all back together.

The piece was designed to make a nice clean seal utilizing the spring loaded seal that is part of the cap. When you close the cap it has a really good clean feel to how it latches. And when you release it, it pops open crisply.
There is NO modification to your car and it is fully reversable if you choose to go back to the regular cap
Here are the pics of my install.
Please PM me if you are serious about picking one up. Thx guys.

I purchased enough material to possibly get 10 made. I hope to have them by Feb-6-09

Gas cap 002.jpg

Gas cap 005.jpg

Gas cap 006.jpg

Gas cap 007.jpg

Gas cap 008.jpg

This is about the only Picture I have of the Cap installed at a distance. This was from a long time ago, but this part made it much nicer of an install. You can see the fuel stains from the "radiator hose" seal I had in there before.
I had a piece of Rad. Hose that fit over the original filler tube. It was only like a half an inch tall so it would seal against the cap lid. NO Good! LOL

2006-03-18 Donnie's Car leaving 002.jpg

Are the flip top caps vented? My tank doesn;t have a vent on it its capped off not sure how I'd make it functional

The material is Delrin

I know my cap isnt vented, and if you are running a stock filler tube it seems odd that its not vented. Maybe thats just something Im unaware of though.

DusterDon------ PM me so I have you on the list.
if you want one you are #5

There are only a few left un-spoken for already. I will take all the orders though because If I see enough demand for them Ill have more made.

Thx guys

Oh and if you decide to pick one up. I do accept Pay Pal. and Prefer it! LOL

Put me down for one. My buddy has a different kind of setup I was going to try but this looks easier to do. One thing is the unit looks pretty close to the quarter panel. My concerns are either the locking tab or the hinge tab rubbing the quarter when used. How much does it clear by and can a set of 'spacer 'washers be used just to allow a little extra 'comfort room'? Thanks.
Chas.

parts 003.JPG

I made this to have about a 32th between the body and the back of the base of the cap. However there is no reason you couldnt place a standard flat washer between the body and the spacer to give a tad more clearance. You may not want to use your original screws at that point though. Ill take it off and get some more pics of it tonight. Ill try to show the fit a little more in depth.

Ill have a small video up this eve. It shows how nicely it pops open and the nice small amount of pressure it takes to close it. Also a few close up pics of the fit.

Here is the list of people in the order I have received them.
Please make sure Im correct guys. Thx
1. Burns
2. jomoper
3. 65bcoda
4. 72blunblu
5. dustedon
6. chazram
7. bvt69dart@comca

What keeps gas from leaking between the adapter & the original filler pipe and running down the side of the quarter panel (Like my stock cap! :angry7: ) if it sloshes up the tube? Maybe some sealer should be used? Just wondering.

What keeps gas from leaking between the adapter & the original filler pipe and running down the side of the quarter panel (Like my stock cap! :angry7: ) if it sloshes up the tube? Maybe some sealer should be used? Just wondering.

Good call. Sealant could be used be used between them during install! I think Ill do that! Thx

1. Burns
2. jomoper
3. 65bcoda
4. 72blunblu
5. dustedon
6. chazram
7. bvt69dart@comca
8. chlngr1970
9. chlngr1970

:cheers: Ok guys those went quick! There MIGHT be 1 possibly 2 more in this batch. Have to see how many he can get from the material I bought.

If anyone else wants one please let me know still. If there is enough demand still Ill have more made.:-D

Ok I guess Im buying more material! I now have more demand then supply! Ill see what I can do to keep up!

Here is the list so far.

1. Burns
2. jomoper
3. 65bcoda
4. 72blunblu
5. dustedon
6. chazram
7. bvt69dart@comca
8. chlngr1970
9. chlngr1970
10. greg340
11. dart64gt
12.68sedan

I will send everyone my pay pal info once I have them in hand. That way I can keep it stress free for all. Things happen and I dont wish to have several peoples money tied up if the pieces dont get to me by the date I hope for.

LOL nah Ill keep it realistic! Would be nice though! We'll see what happens with my next big idea though. That should be coming in the next few weeks! Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh[-X cant tell you all my secrets! LOL

I was curious if you know if this would be functional with the Challenger style gas cap? I am thinking of putting one on my car but I want the one that says "fuel" on it? Lol. Coincidentally enough I have a 69 Valiant that I am wanting to put it on.

Thanks
Jeff

No Ill have to egt more made thats all! Ill put you on the list if you are serious.
UPDATE: They should be made sometime this week. I have added another 32th of an inch to space it from the body just a bit more. I noticed mine is very very close. Not touching but nearly! Ill keep you posted.:-D

1. Burns
2. jomoper
3. 65bcoda
4. 72blunblu
5. dustedon
6. chazram
7. bvt69dart@comca
8. chlngr1970
9. chlngr1970
10. greg340
11. dart64gt
12.68sedan
13. pharmboy

Put me on the list for one and let me know where and how to send payment.

Thanks
Mopar Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back