ASSASIN BARS

-

Bigdummy

Not a Nova
Reaction score
I left my car over at a friends shop to get rewired and he sent me this pic yeasterday.He said he was having fun!
IMG958280.jpg
IMG958281.jpg
IMG958282.jpg

I’ve got them on my 69’ Dart GT. They are really nice. Still trying to get them dialed in.

My question is do they really work? Leaf springs are a pretty good traction device up to a certain HP of course.
Are they like a 2 link sort of device? Never seen those before is why I am asking like a newbee.

When I set mine up the left side was just a bit tighter than than the right, accidentally of course. I went for a drive and got to a stop, dumped the clutch and it the shot left. Adjusted the right more and did it again, went straight and just boiled the tires. Now this is on street tires running 30 psi. Better tires and shocks would help.

Bluetooth ? I see blue shocks. Anyway,Bigdummy I am a fan of your Valiant. Looks so good.

My question is do they really work? Leaf springs are a pretty good traction device up to a certain HP of course.
Are they like a 2 link sort of device? Never seen those before is why I am asking like a newbee.
These and Cal trac's help a bunch.My car isnt going to be that fast should only ryn high 5's in the eighth

Ask Lyle Cherry 275 drag radial record holder

I just googled him and he's dead- back in 2013. VW drag race driver. So asking him is out of the question.
There were picture of an Old Cutlas race car as well. Not much more. Who is Lyle Cherry and what does the 275 mean?

I just googled him and he's dead- back in 2013. VW drag race driver. So asking him is out of the question.
There were picture of an Old Cutlas race car as well. Not much more. Who is Lyle Cherry and what does the 275 mean?
maybe I got the wrong name but the guy went 4.16 or so on a 275/60 15

Big dummy high 5s in the 1/8 takes alot to get there! Have u ran a car at the track? Just curious? Car looks cool great job.

Lyle Cherry is (was?) a big name in John Deere collecting.

How's the ground clearance on those assassin bars? Look like they hang awful low...

Lyle Cherry is (was?) a big name in John Deere collecting.

How's the ground clearance on those assassin bars? Look like they hang awful low...
(Front bracket hangs down 4.5" from leaf spring without berlin eye, 5.5" with berlin eye)

(Rear bracket hangs down 5.25" from leaf spring)

smithracecraft.com/product-categories/rear-suspension/assassin-traction-bars

Well There are more leads on the drivers side than the passenger.Thinking about buying leafs or swapping sides.It sat ok like it is but usually I run cool overs with 4link or ladder bars.

-
Back