At it again

-

eric22

Reaction score
My battery keeps dying on my car after leaving it parked overnight. I charged my car up this morning and drove it on the highway to charge the battery and it died once again. I changed the battery and it looks like the new one died as well I got the car to start but its not staying on. I also smelled some burning coming from the starter relay could this be the problem

Might be the starter relay. Possibly something is not turning off. I had the same problem in a 69 Charger I once had - found the problem one night when I discovered the trunk light wasn't turning off. Fixed it and never had a problem again.

Disconnect one of your battery terminals and put a test light between it and the cable.
If the light doesn't light up, there is no battery drain.
If it lights up, there is the problem.
You didn't say, but I have had a brand new battery be bad.
It had a shorted cell. It would leak down over night.
I took it back. Had to convince the auto parts store I knew what I was talking about.

I tried with a different battery again yesterday car only gives one crank before it drains the battery completely dead same thing with a boost. What could be draining the battery after one start up? Alternator?

A GOOD battery that stores amps wont die that fast. You're gonna need a fully charged battery and a multimeter to find the problem.

New Battery was defective got another new one engine turns over very slowly wondering at this point if it could be the starter?

Check your ground cables! Battery to engine and engine to chassis. Seen way too many ground problems cause things like this. Start there.

-
Back