At The Car Parts Store

-
We have a big hardware store here in Canada called Canadian Tire. They should change the name to China Tire. I call it Crap Tire and it suits it very well.

We have a big hardware store here in Canada called Canadian Tire. They should change the name to China Tire. I call it Crap Tire and it suits it very well.
I've heard of them before on this very forum.

I can tell you this......OReilly's profit goal for 2020 was ten billion dollars. Even with covid going on they crushed it. I understand the regular store employees saw not one red cent of that.

You can bet your red blooded American *** that China made more on that than the employees did.

O Really?????? I went there today to swap batteries. Like in I pay and they swap them out. One male counter guy, he was fiddling with a phone customer the whole time I stood there while I'm in another line. The other counter guys were 2 women. OK. I'm next up, but the lady customer in front of me needs a taillite bulb, the old kind. 10-15 minutes later, the counter girl has the bulb in hand and proceeds to go out to her car to install. I know. I was in the wrong line.
There two guys putting up stock. Go figure.

O Really?????? I went there today to swap batteries. Like in I pay and they swap them out. One male counter guy, he was fiddling with a phone customer the whole time I stood there while I'm in another line. The other counter guys were 2 women. OK. I'm next up, but the lady customer in front of me needs a taillite bulb, the old kind. 10-15 minutes later, the counter girl has the bulb in hand and proceeds to go out to her car to install. I know. I was in the wrong line.
There two guys putting up stock. Go figure.

There's times when that doesn't happen?

I went to our local Advance just the other day checking to see if they could get the new Castrol GTX Classic high zinc oil. Soon as I asked, the phone rang and the guy just grabbed it and started talking. Kitty called him an asshole and we walked out.

i find o'realy making any profits , i called them up when i needed a rocker cover gasket for a /6 . first off no body knew what a rocker cover gasket was , so i told them valve cover gasket , the year it fit , and the make , and manufacture . to get this responce '' is that an aftermarket engine '' then i lol and called napa and went to napa to get my gasket i needed .

One of our local NAPA stores has a women at the counter. She is great and a lot of the time she doesn't need to look the part up in the catalogue she just goes and grabs it.
She puts the guys to shame.

I went to our local Advance just the other day checking to see if they could get the new Castrol GTX Classic high zinc oil. Soon as I asked, the phone rang and the guy just grabbed it and started talking. Kitty called him an asshole and we walked out.
Been using a brand name called “Driven” has all the lubercating heavy metals in it ie. zinc, lead etc. Was priming the oil pump I forgot to hook up oil pressure gauge line when the pump caught the oil it shot out hitting ceiling and covering windshield. Took me about 45 minutes with gas ,window cleaner and a lot of elbow grease to get that shet off the windshield. Sticky stuff.

Been using a brand name called “Driven” has all the lubercating heavy metals in it ie. zinc, lead etc. Was priming the oil pump I forgot to hook up oil pressure gauge line when the pump caught the oil it shot out hitting ceiling and covering windshield. Took me about 45 minutes with gas ,window cleaner and a lot of elbow grease to get that shet off the windshield. Sticky stuff.
I did that once,, but the car I had taken it to a mechanic friend, he was PISSED!

I stood there with my mouth open looking dumbfounded for a sec then hit the floor in uncontrollable laughter, still laugh about it

This was back in the good ole days, early 90s. I had picked up a 69 1/2 440-6 Bee. I had the engine done at the machine shop and had it all back in the car, but could not get past some electrical grimlins. I took it down the "country" road to bud that worked in KC as a truck mechanic. He raced on the short paved Nascar track there, a died in wool Ford guy. He had a nice shop for his cars and did outside work after hours and weekends. He was NOT thrilled on working a a Mopar anyway!
Yea I was going to add a underdash set of gauges. That sucker had rally good oil pressure!!!!:BangHead::thumbsup:

-
Back