74 Dart Swinger
'86 360
Mild cam
Eddy performer intake
Eddy 600 carb
Headers
3 23 sure grip
Street tires

Im guessing 9.99. Honestly i don't have a clue.

A 9.99 translates to a mid 15sec 1/4. Definitely possible with your setup but expect to be well into. the 10’s. Especially if you have never been to this track and are getting used to your car & conditions.
Its all about the fun you will have.
Enjoy & have a great time.

Street tires..stay out of the water box and plan on spinning off the line..

20190406_132537.jpg

Not bad for street tires..

You can't even do that with your pro built 318...
Exciting part is he has a ton of performance to find. His mph was 68 in the 1/8. Let the tuning begin...…

P.S. sorry, not taking your bait :D

My guess was 8.9s
What cam?
What timing?
I'm asking because I have a very similar combination in the works maybe I can learn from yours

How much did you spin?
60 ft was 2.2. Not horrible, especially for the ET he ran. 68 mph is low for this combo. He'll find some big improvements with tuning. I'd think the speed should be around 80 mph

The left lane ran a 9 flat @ 80 mph so I agree!!
That combo should do that at least!

That's a 16.23 1/4 mile..get your self some drag radials and a set of 3.91's and you'll go a lot quicker..
He has alot of gas in the tank with some tuning!! No need to start changing gears until the tuning is complete

Didn't spin much. I don't have a clue about tuning anything.
I don't either! But I am gonna learn! Stick with 318willrun and he will teach you he has almost the exact same combo with 2.45 gears running in the 8s!
And for God's sake ignore the ignorance about putting in low gears!! Before you probably tune it.
If a low et is your primary goal then low gears are fine but from the looks of your car it's a driver street car. Low gears are not the answer for a street car

What size street tires do you have? I do like the idea of getting some used rims and maybe even some used slicks. Possibly a little smaller diameter than your street tires to add to your gearing.
I suggest this because it's what I did at the beginning and it dropped my quarter mile time by 1/2 second the first time I used some used slicks and some cheap steel rims I got from the scrap yard.

It absolutely blows my mind that anyone would disagree to this statement.. smh!

Because the guy that stated it has a (friends dart) with a "smog 318" stock 360 heads small cam and 3.91's running 13.70's but then I know how to tune...

-
Back