At what point to go Dana 60 ??????

-
Who knows it could be the latest greatest for a bodies only "fad" maybe the only one or maybe the only one that won't LOL

If I started with nothing I would have built a 60. I had the 8 3/4 already in the car, so it was worth it to me to keep it.

When I got my 68 340S basket case , w/ no baskets , the first thing I did was take the 8 3/4 , 3:90 limited or whatever slip out and put a dana 60 in it . At my age I don`t need any surprises from a rear end and then later trans. explosion. Been there done that.

In have a dodge truck dana 60. It costs me no more to narrow it and build it thru mosier than the 8.75. Once it’s done and in with the offset spring hanger kit, lots of options and no surprises.

Just so I know what Im looking for .......Dana 60 out of a truck (does it have to be dodge?) and since I will be replacing axles it doesn't matter if it is 8 lug or floating axles. Best case is a Dana 60 out of a Dodge with a (sure grip?)

Just so I know what Im looking for .......Dana 60 out of a truck (does it have to be dodge?) and since I will be replacing axles it doesn't matter if it is 8 lug or floating axles. Best case is a Dana 60 out of a Dodge with a (sure grip?)

Well, Plymouth, Chrysler or DeSoto is fine too man. sheesh. Dodge isn't the ONLY Mopar make... :poke:

DodgePlymouthChryslerDeSoto.jpg

chevy ford or Dodge does not matter. The 60 Dodges might have the power lock that you can change the side gears to 35 spline. The 70 ford may have a 30 spline trac loc that is not as strong but can be changed to 35 spline.
Any of then can be changed to 35 spline or 40 and a spool.

not what i said,nor what im doing
Your reply was interpreted as the 8 3/4 is plenty strong and there is no need to upgrade to Dana.
Your combo is obviously within the limit of your driveline combination
Regardless of the numbers that you posted. But the 8 3/4 does indeed have it's limits where it will break and a Dana will not.

-
Back