Ati balencer bolt

-

o1heavy

1974 dart sport
Reaction score
installed my Ati Balencer and found the factory bolt is to short has anyone ran into this It’s a scat crank
I’m certain the Balencer is on all the way
Thanks

Not sure what it means...other then that you will most likely run into belt alignment issues aswell
(Figuring if the balancer is thicker, it will push the pulleys out too)

Yes, new bolt didn’t work. Used the bolt off my 360 ex balance damper, that worked.

The ATI I installed on my 360 had to be shimmed 'out' (.135"?). It was going in too far and the external balance ring was hitting the timing cover.
When ATI finally got back to me, they had no real answers, other than the wrong hub was probably shipped with my damper.

The ATI I installed on my 360 had to be shimmed 'out' (.135"?). It was going in too far and the external balance ring was hitting the timing cover.
When ATI finally got back to me, they had no real answers, other than the wrong hub was probably shipped with my damper.
Another reason I like fluid dampers, on my 3rd w/ no problems-------------

I just bought an ATI. They state in their catalogs about the offset their balancers have. Since mine is externally balanced it sits out almost 3/4" further (my aftermarket crank pulley just happened to line up). I just bought another crank bolt 3/4" longer than stock. Worked out good so far, nice and smooth running. :thumbsup:

-
Back