memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
http://www.museumofautos.com/fallmeetphotos.htm
SEPTEMBER 24, 25, 26, 27, 2008.
Treva and I have enjoyed this giant swap meet 3 times and are going
to have our first vacation this year and stay for 3 of the four days.
You can not see all the parts and cars in one day.:cheers:

Well it looks like my first vacation away from home is going to happen.
We have reserved two camp sites for the 9th to the 14th on Mount Nebo.
Camp sites 24 and 25 on top of a great mouton.

Next mouton to Petit Jean Mouton. This will be my fourth trip.

Chime in if any one has ever been there, or will be there. :cheers:

Back in my younger, wilder, more affluent days I belonged to the Porsche Club of America. Really enjoyed driving those cars. Anyway, our region here used to have two trips to Hot Springs, one Official, the other "by invitation only". The official trip was open to anyone wanting to go as long as there were rooms available at the Arlington. The other trip was a private one, put on by a couple of the "hot shoes", and involved a lot of triple digit driving.

I was invited to one of the unofficial trips, which involved a trip up Pettit Jean. Nice place. Had a museum and a little train. Anyway, the guy who was "running" this trip said it was time to go and started down the mountain in his Garnet Red 911 Carrera. Me (being the go fast kind of guy I was) was in hot pursut. I was steaming down the mountain at speeds WAY to fast for any reasonable person and got in to some loose stuff on the inside of a switchback. Next thing I knew, the hot rod 924 was spinning *** towards the edge.....and no guard rails.

Somehow I managed to get it stopped......sitting SIDEWAYS in the middle of what was a blind curve on the side of this mountain. Well.......lucky for me I was so far ahead of whoever was behind me I got going again before they rounded the curve, and had to make the choice of either broadsiding me, or going off the edge.

Guess I should add that my 924 was worked over, could pull better than 1.0g on a skid pad in BOTH directions, and was a TTOD threat depending on the course. It was fast enough I was invited to run the Walter Mitty at Road Atlanta, but I never got the chance to go. I DID get to run Riverside before it was shut down. Came home 5th in class with a broken car.......

MeMike: We'll be there on Saturday June 14 at the least and your right, you can't see it in one day. The crowds are big. It's an all brands swap meet with a car coral to boot and a show of some very good cars. Won't make the fall thing as that is too close to Monster Mopar Weekend and i always go there as that i my vacation time and besides i have to go there so i can reup my subscription to MCG. You never know what you will find so i'll probably bring a trailer. Ha. I told the wife to cut me a little slack and that i would get all the honey do's done BUT on that weekend i would be out of town. I worked my but off yesterday and then went to the races last night till 11 PM. Did i sleep good?

Thought i should add. It's in the wwods. Shaded and dirt surface. Your feet will be filthy when you leave.

-
Back