Attaching the tonneau cover to the rear seat upper

-

Bobacuda

Reaction score
Still wading through my 67 Barracuda vert’s rear seat issues. I was told if I found (hasn’t happened yet) a rear seat, I needed to make certain I got the “back seat upper trim” piece that the tonneau cover attaches to.

My car did not have any trim piece attached to the seat back. Anyone have any photos of that piece and how the cover connects?

There is a extruded Al strip that attaches to the top side of the back of the back seat back.
The Boot has a corresponding flexible strip on it that slides in to the slot.

(67 Dart shown)

15950331931844145834825579902743.jpg
15950331043613657179785692766653.jpg
15950330788287011003645122208765.jpg

Thanks for the response and photos. As expected, my seat has nothing like that.

Anyone have an extra?

Check your local old school upholstery shop. That type of extrusion is/was used to attach the front of tonneau covers on truck beds, back when we used snaps riveted to the body!

If my memory serves, a straight stick of generic welt channel did work on a members early a-body. This 67 and later seat back has a radius. Channel forms dont bend easy. The welt C could distort. Generic, aluminum or PVC, for this application is a gamble. I'm not a gambler. I would drive the car without the boot until the correct parts come. @barracudakid is the one to watch for these hard to find fish nuggets.

There's a chance I have an extra, but it might be difficult to get to all the parts right now.

There's a chance I have an extra, but it might be difficult to get to all the parts right now.
ok let me know if not i have an idea that'll work , and i'll do that after the 1st of next month so if you find it please let me know. thank you,
Tom

ok let me know if not i have an idea that'll work , and i'll do that after the 1st of next month so if you find it please let me know. thank you,
Tom
Did you get your part?? Going through my trim today I found what I believe to be an extra.

Tom

I remembered somebody looking, but couldn't remember where the thread was. Yes, I have an extra and yes, I know where it is...

-
Back