trans to slide all the way in to bell housing usually
about3/4 -1in so I normally just put bolts in bellhousing
And wind them in evenly all the way around I started getting
Clutch drag which i think I have that taken care of (sent pressure plate
Back to hays ) did not find that shaft tip
Has any discoloration from heat so I don't think
it's hitting crank any help measurements or anything
Would be a great help thanks

Some of the cranks were not drilled for the pilot bearing. But if you can get the pilot bearing in the crank something else is wrong.

Is the car driveable? Mine was the same way getting the trans in I had to suck it up using the bolts.

I have 2 engines in the garage one auto one 4-spd I just measured depth. Both are about 2 inches from bottom to end of pilot register. One is finished for pilot bushing the other is not. (Hard to get precise, they are on stands)

You can get a bearing that fits in the converter register and is available at nearly any parts store it is a National FC-69907 and that number can be converted to Timken etc.

..........an auto crank hole is 11/16ths.......and not as deep as a manual crank...hole is 3/4in......some ppl chop off a 1/2 in or so off the input shaft of the trans.......kim.......

Thanks for the help don't real think it is my
problem seeing no sign of rubbing or heat discoloration
So I'm thinking of polishing up the main shaft with some
little emery light lube should go in nice

Take your time and measure the pilot bushing after you installed it in cuz sometimes they shrunk when installed and need to get it to size with a brake cylinder bore repair hone tool to get it to size, it will take many tries but it work like a charm, it happens to me before!

Now there's some useable info much appreciated I still have not put it back
togeather now I can with less worry thanks Steve .

-
Back