[WANTED] Auto Meter 2244 Oxygen Sensor Kit For Narrowband Air / Fuel Ratio Gauge

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used a std off the shelf narrow band O2 sensor and wired it accordingly and it worked fine. You have to run power to the O2 sensor for the heater circuit and it has a output wire that runs to the gauge. Gauge also needs power. Pretty simple

Narrowband O2 is about as useless as...................

https://www.google.com/search?num=4....0....0...1c.1.28.serp..3.16.1374.3LV8nxa7Ews

a screen door in a submarine?

yardpimp_screendoor.jpg

I would prefer some input rather than criticism on what someone else recommended.

I have an Innovate LM 1 wide-band kit that includes never used gage and RPM module that has never been used. I used the wide-band for tuning my Dart; sold the car and don't need it anymore.

$160 Shipped

I would prefer some input rather than criticism on what someone else recommended.

I was trying to be helpful. Narrow band O2 IS just about useless. It tells you if you are rich, or lean, from stoich, OK, but doesn't give you ANY idea of how much, and they are completely meaningless for full power readings.

Others already answered you. These use any common sensor. The Narrowband sensors don't require a complicated controller like wideband do, they are "self generating" and output the narrow band signal which is simply a voltage read by the gauge unit. In other words you could replace the gauge with a high impedance multimeter.

This is the output of a narrow band O2. Notice that it "tops out" at just below 1 volt, and that readings richer than "approaching" 14:1 don't show any change. This makes it useless for "power" readings. The same is true for the lean end of the scale. The bottom end of the scale flattens at just over 15:1

narrowbando2.jpg

MUCH better thanks! That is what I was looking for :). Can I still use my guage for the wide band or do I have to change it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back