Auto to 4 speed swap instructions anywhere?

-

ESP47

Reaction score
I have a 71 Duster with a slant 6 and 904. I just bought a complete 4 speed OD setup and I'd like to do the swap sometime within the next year. I've never had a 4 speed mopar so I've never even really seen how it goes together up close. Is there an instruction thread or site around complete with pictures and everything? I'd like to start studying up on it now so I'm really familiar with it when I start to conversion. Thanks.

Do a search here, you should find alot of info you need. Aquire all the parts, start another thread and i`m sure their will be plenty advise to guide you through the swap8)

Yea you should be able to get all the info you need on here. I would also get a hold of a factory service manual. There is a pivot you will have to weld to the frame if you are going to go with the original linkage setup. If you go hydraulic it may be easier/cheaper

the 70s a bodies didnt use a frame pivot like the b and e bodies the ball stud bolts through the inner fender had a pan type plate spot welded to the sheet metal to give it more support if not looking for factory correct i just used a 3x3x3/16 steel plate and added it to it

-
Back