Automatic brake pedal assy. ?

-

AbodyTim

Reaction score
Will a newer ('67-up) A-body brake pedal work in a '65? And can you just replace the pedal assy. or do you have to swap out the whole pedal bracket?

Tried search and I have read back to page 30 but no luck. :(

only the 63-66 type will work in the 65

the 67-72 is its own kind and 73-76 is yet another style

If you need an automatic brake pedal, it should be relatively easy to find, its not a rare part. I might even have one

Headed to a couple of old junkyards next Saturday to see if maybe they have any '63-6 A bodies. I have been through both some years back but looking for other models so I don't remember. I will message you if I don't find one. :thumbsup:

Got one that came out of my 65 wagon - swapping to a 4 speed. Pm me if interested.

One 65 automatic brake assembly shipped to AbodyTim
Doorbell just rang. Postman with several boxes. Opened the bigger of the 2 and it's an auto brake pedal and SURPRISE!!! It's already cleaned and painted. I can't thank you enough, 65 Dartman. :thankyou::thumbsup:

Yes I forgot to say it’s ready to install as I cleaned and painted it. I’ll look around as I might have a new brake pedal pad I probably bought and forgot about once I decided to go 4 speed. If you ever get a chance, pay it forward to someone else.

Last edited:
Now that’s what makes this forum awesome. Well done.

-
Back