AWD Classic Mopar

-

Willyrd

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any classic AWD Mopars that aren't trucks? Just thought it would be neat to see if there is.

I would drive the wheels OFF of that Challenger.

I have seen a few awd chevelles, and a few GM g bodys swapped onto awd ss trailblazer running gear, but havent seen a cool mopar awd swap yet....other than more than one person that put a 2nd neon engine(cradle and all) into the rear of an srt4 and made it 2 engine..awd...

They did make awd lx hemis, and dodge calibers lol

Last edited:
I think Dodge made some 4x4 camper vans.
I still have my 2000 Dodge Caravan awd van.

Its not old, but i saw a 2015 dodge superbee awd with 392 hemi, it looked like a charger with superbee striping.It had 23000 miles, i was going to buy it but i just don't like 4 door sport cars

Its not old, but i saw a 2015 dodge superbee awd with 392 hemi, it looked like a charger with superbee striping.It had 23000 miles, i was going to buy it but i just don't like 4 door sport cars
Shoulda bought it because you'd have the only one on the planet.

It's an interesting thought that there might be a classic Mopar from back in the day that solved the problem of getting big bock V8 torque to the ground by doubling the contact patches. Unfortunately, that wasn't really a direction that automakers explored until the Audi Quattro and a bit later, the amazing Japanese performance machines in the 80s and 90s. No doubt, Mopar had the engineering know-how to do something like this but they were responding to market forces of the time and this was an under-valued approach at the time.

For example, there was a prototype made by Ferguson Research in the UK of the '65 Mustang running an AWD system (three copies, I guess) that worked pretty damn well but never caught on. So the tech was out there, evidentially.
https://jalopnik.com/5867021/one-of-three-4x4-1965-mustang-prototype-for-sale-in-britain/

That is a stupid waist of a great classic car. I'm done with you.

Huh? Do you have a specific problem with the midsection of that car?

Are you calling the Trailduster and Ramcharger a truck?

Are you saying that they're not trucks? I love those things but I think you'd have a hard time calling them cars.

I think the Jensen Interceptor is the closest we're going to get in OE form.
Jensen FF - Wikipedia

280px-Jensen_FF_1968_-_front.jpg

-
Back