Awesome A-body air dam for under $30!

-

Ddaddy

I'm changing the World... one pixel at a time!
Reaction score
I found an OEM part from a different vehicle that fits on my '69 GTS like a glove. I bought the part new on-line for only $28 shipped.

Here it is test fitted on my car. There isn't any mounting hardware attached yet but you can see from the pics how easy it will be to get it fully mounted.

The details of what it is and where to get it is at the end of the post. But first, you have to see it to believe it!

Air dam 1.jpg

Air dam 2.jpg

Air dam 3.jpg

Air dam 4.jpg

Air dam 5.jpg

Air dam 7b.jpg

Air dam 10.jpg

I'm sure that if it fits on my GTS it will fit on many other A bodies too.

It is the OEM air dam from a 1991 Ford Ranger Compact pick-up truck. The actual part is only $21 plus shipping. Here is a link to get one...

Replace® FO1092161 - Front Bumper Valance

Did you know that the ford ranger copied the front valence off the a-body.... :popcorn:

Now they're gonna triple in price now that this is out there....

I used one for a '69 Camaro. Although it looks good, it doesn't wrap around the sides. Yours looks factory!

Last edited:
both darts are great. My first new car was a triple green 340GTS, should have never sold it. I am very partial to the 64 dart. I have had my 64 340 4spd gt, for over 40 years. My dream car would be a 64 dart gt convert 4spd.

Would this fit a 71 duster then?
(I don't know how the fenders are, compared to the dart)

it fits nice but not feeling it man.. it doesn't match the look of the car... now drop the car a couple inches and throw a set of 17-18 inch rims/tires on it and we may be on to something...

it fits nice but not feeling it man.. it doesn't match the look of the car... now drop the car a couple inches and throw a set of 17-18 inch rims/tires on it and we may be on to something...
--------------------------------------
sounds getto !

There are plenty of bumper spoilers out there these days that would fit nicely (widthwise). A-bodies have a fairly common width comparing to newer/other cars.
Personally I think the spoiler shown in the first post is still about 4" too narrow and is not 'covering' the front wheels. 1-2" lower would look better too imo.

The NOS aftermarket spoiler on my Dart came from a '80s Mercedes and was a nice match for the width of my car;

IMG_4952alt.jpg

IMG_4951alt.jpg

the Mercedes one looks really nice, too, but what cost?
Considering those are European models with the air dam, don't expect to find any for a reasonable price over here. I found one in really bad condition when searching and it was over $100...and needed a lot of work to ever make it right.

You might pick one up overseas for a reasonable price, but the shipping will cost as much (or more) than the part.

Also, they will only fit on A bodies like the '70 Dart shown without extensive modification to get them to fit a flat front bumper A body that doesn't have a valence under the bumper.

Personally I think the spoiler shown in the first post is still about 4" too narrow and is not 'covering' the front wheels. 1-2" lower would look better too imo.

The spoiler I have is about the same distance off the ground as yours. Also, my fenders are narrower than the front tires making a spoiler wider than them impractical. I might be able to go about 2" wider if I could find a different one that fit...maybe...

-
Back