Awesome rust removal product!!

-

plymouth67

It be a lot cooler if you did...
Reaction score
I want to share an awesome product I have been fooling around with. I work in a tube assembly manufacturing company, we build handrails and, hydraulic tube carriers for Cat, Komatsu, John Deere and, others. In the summer months we can sometimes have issues with rust forming on assemblies or flanges. I saw Rust Release on Hot Rod tv or something and ordered a 5 gallon bucket to try out just to see what it was about (companies dime investigation for my own personal use...lol). I was absolutely shocked!!! This stuff is eco friendly and, works awesome. These pictures are from just soaking in the solution for 15 minutes...no blasted, no wire brush, no nothing....

20190712_140600.jpg

20190712_140623.jpg

20190712_144033.jpg

5 minutes, that is amazing.

We also powder coat at work and to test if it would hurt the paint I painted a tube and submerged it for 15 minutes and it didnt do anything to the paint.

sweet. how about a side by side w/ evaporust :D
so the site says to just let dry. nice, i always hate having to wash off something i just de-rusted

That kind of stuff works fine on flash rust. Anything heavier and you will need to step up to something like Ospho.

Oh no....I put some other very rusty stuff in it and it took it right off.

Try something that has heavy pitting on it and let us know how it works.

Looks interesting and cheap enough to try out.

I've always had problems with Evaporust. It either doesn't get enough rust off or I leave it in longer and it winds up rusting it even more.

Well, it certainly seems to beat Evaporust time-frame wise.....I don't know what's up with the red X on Dfr360cuda's post,.....electrolysis definitely works.....not that fast perhaps, but is effective....hydrogen embrittlement is something to watch out for on some of these methods tho'.........

Looks interesting and cheap enough to try out.

I've always had problems with Evaporust. It either doesn't get enough rust off or I leave it in longer and it winds up rusting it even more.

X2 I always seem to leave it in too long and it gets a black coating.

I'm not impressed with Evaporust either, and it does make things black, if left in to long.
I have had good results with Eastwoods rust remover. It is kind of soendy at about $19.00 a quart. Works good tho.

Dave

-
Back