B block 512 kit

-

Rmoore

Reaction score
Ordering a stroker kit tomorrow ! 4.25 with the lite crankshaft ! Any problems with these crankshafts ? I haven’t heard of any ! Thought I would ask ! 440 SRC is where I’m buying it from !

What’s up with the balance issues ??

They balance by "average" weights of parts. Good for a 5,500rpm street build. In a typical "race" balance all pistons/rods are corrected to match the lightest then the crank is balanced to that number. My "kit" balanced crank was 42grams off on front & 12grams off on rear when my shop corrected the piston/rod weights and spun the deal. They had to weld up a new crank because the other balancer drilled out too much and had to be filled in before we could fix the balance. And this was all about 2-3 months ago.

Good kits, I have 2 of them. One in my roadrunner and the other in my dads dart. They are both pump gas 10.5 motors.

09E2FC40-8154-4E57-9712-F7A4543EE4DB.jpeg

They definitely seem to be good "kits" for a bracket build. Hoping mine turns out well. The other positive with the kits is availability. It's tough to build a motor right now so just having them in stock is a huge plus. Definitely give them credit for that.

-
Back