B-Body/A-Body bucket seats

-

hemisedan

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but I have a question about B-body and A-Bady bucket seats. I was told many years ago, that they were actually the same except for the cover design, and the seat runners. Does anyone know for certain about this? I'd like to do something a bit different with the bucket seats that I just purchased, and use a B-body design on the seats.

You may be right. Years ago I looked at some b body low back buckets for me 68 Dart and they looked the same but foams and covers were different . I didn't buy as he as asking too much .

B-body foams or buns are a good bit wider than A-body so the skins are larger also. I put 67 sport Fury buckets in our 1st 67 notch. I had to rearrange those track parts and add spacers here and there. Then the seat was so wide it almost touched the door. I had to open the door if I wanted to move the seat forward or back.

My 69 barracuda has buckets from my old 69 charger. Tracks and all. New seat foam part numbers are the same, check me on that. They will sell it to you as a body "with bolster modifications ". The legendary covers for 69 barracuda fit. I think 68-69 A an B buckets are the same frames and tracks, most 69s have head rests

Last edited:
-
Back