B-Body & E-Body Steering Wheels Fit A-Body?

-

DartGTDan

'71 Dart GT Fan
Reaction score
Going to the Nats and hoping to do some "shopping" in the swap area. Will B &/or E steering wheels fit the 1971 A-Body?

Looking for something like these:

Dodge-steering-wheel-A.jpg
Dodge-steering-wheel-B.jpg

What say you all?

Those are B wheels.
I have an E wheel on my duster, but you need the adapter can. Down fall, the E adapter can is too long so you have to use an A tuff wheel can.

With the can correct? I assumed he was asking about the two he has pictured. Those didn't come on E bodies.

This is an E, using an A tuff wheel adapter on my Duster, I just used it because it was the largest diameter I had, when I changed to manual steering.
A2cL4m.jpg

Yup, E-body steering wheels will fit just fine as long as you use a tuff wheel/rimblow adaptor or "crush can". The A/B body crush cans work better because of the length, the E-body crush cans are pretty long (although I wouldn't rule out that being better for someone).

I use a cut down E-body crush can on my Duster. A-body crush cans weren't being reproduced when I made it and people wanted stupid amounts of money for them. E-body crush cans were a lot cheaper for some reason (first time an E-body part was ever cheaper) so I bought one and cut it down. I made it a little bit shorter than a normal A/B body adaptor, I set the length to put the wheel where I wanted it with my seat position. It still has a couple of ribs, so you can tell it was an E-body can originally.

IMG_5531.jpg

I have a Road Runner wheel on my Swinger. Not my choice but until I get the original one redone it works fine.
074 (2).jpg

-
Back