B- body engine brackets?

-

65MagnumFish

65MagnumFish
Reaction score
Can I use b- body 1966 318 engine brackets for my 1965 barracuda? Person thought they were the same. Dude is local so it would be ideal to purchase. Thanks.

A '66 B body might be a 318 Poly, and I'm not sure about the pulley spacing. Likely no, as Jake said.

However, Poly 318's are very similar on the bottom end to later LA's. It would depend on the head bolt boss location on the ends, like for the alternator bracket and such. You would need a tape measure and a small machinists square, and measure between the two. Intake bolt pattern is different, so anything there likely won't work.

A '66 B body might be a 318 Poly, and I'm not sure about the pulley spacing. Likely no, as Jake said.

However, Poly 318's are very similar on the bottom end to later LA's. It would depend on the head bolt boss location on the ends, like for the alternator bracket and such. You would need a tape measure and a small machinists square, and measure between the two. Intake bolt pattern is different, so anything there likely won't work.
It is a 318 poly! The owner said he thought they were the same. If I get a chance I’ll take a measurement. I prolly should start an early A wanted post for engine brackets.

-
Back