B-Body Hooker Super Comps

-

roughidle

Super Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can the 2" primary B Body Hooker super comps be made to work in an a-body without major modification? I know there were accounts of those using the b-body headers with minimal clearance issues, but I don't know of anyone using the 2" super comps...

IF there is anyone out there using the 2" primary b-body headers could you please post some pictures and/or accounts of your installation?

My build if anyone needs it is a '68 B'cuda with a low deck BB manual steering, 727 trans...

Thanks,

D

Wow! A 2 inch pipe header from a B body to an A body?
Hummm, do you have a picture of these headers?
I did Hedman Elietes (which are just coated regular headers)
Into my '71 / 400 B engine Duster.

I believe this is the only B body bigblock header that fits a A body fairly good. http://www.bigblockdart.com/techpages/BBody.shtml

they are 1 3/4" hedmans and they seem to almost fit.

2" b body hedears are more likely to be usable as partsbins for building a set of A body headers. think of them as something you could cut up and put togheter again but you will probably need a few more pieces than what comes in the box so to speak.

I have a set of these on my b body and even that was a PITA especially since they wrap around the torsion bars. If you can make them work good luck, mine are the 2" as well they are sitting on my 440 motor.

I believe this is the only B body bigblock header that fits a A body fairly good. http://www.bigblockdart.com/techpages/BBody.shtml

they are 1 3/4" hedmans and they seem to almost fit.

2" b body hedears are more likely to be usable as partsbins for building a set of A body headers. think of them as something you could cut up and put togheter again but you will probably need a few more pieces than what comes in the box so to speak.

Those are the ones I installed in my 400/'71 Duster. I would find those on the cheap and follow the instructions on installation. MKe sure your starter in ACE shape.

-
Back