B-Body HP manifold on 440 Dart?

-

19_Dart_68

Reaction score
I have B-body HP manifolds from 72-73 440 HP engine. does anyone know off-hand if they will work?

Manifold.jpg

Has anyone tried block huggers or the headman shortie headers for this swap?

I installed a 383 in a Dart using 71 Super Bee manifolds . 69 and earlier wouldn't fit The flange is angled different. I know 70 and 71 will work with a 383 but the 440 has a 1" taller deck height. I always used headers on the 440's

I installed a 383 in a Dart using 71 Super Bee manifolds . 69 and earlier wouldn't fit The flange is angled different. I know 70 and 71 will work with a 383 but the 440 has a 1" taller deck height. I always used headers on the 440's

69 drivers side wouldn't work for me on a 440. Outlet flange hit the firewall.

Only the 1967 driver side manifold is clocked different. '68-73 are all clocked the same.

They fit, but are tight. They fit better if some material is removed from the port side. They fit well with a "B" block.

Thank you again!
Looks like I should just build a small block stroker...lol
Well if you got a bunch of money, why not? If you got a hammer and don’t mind pulling the engine a few times you can be like me:

Hedman B Body Headers vs Jegs B Body headers

But, if you we’re considering manifolds anyway the Schumacher tri-y is a great option. Best for max hp? No, but there are guys running 10’s-11’s with them.

Well if you got a bunch of money, why not? If you got a hammer and don’t mind pulling the engine a few times you can be like me:

But, if you we’re considering manifolds anyway the Schumacher tri-y is a great option. Best for max hp? No, but there are guys running 10’s-11’s with them.
I have a 72 440 HP engine that runs that I was thinking about installing while I build a stroker.

There's a reason the factory had to put more restrictive manifolds on those cars.

Will those work on a RB engine too?

Got the Schumachers on my 440 Valiant with power steering

You can build a nice 440 for half the cost of a small block stroker. Yes the manifolds fit fine.

DSC00416.JPG

I used C body Manifolds and had to offset cut one
side to work and look correct on my 68 440 Valiant.
Currently has 2 inch TTI's now and it is faster than
with the manifolds even through the mufflers.

Very nice looking setup,,, clean and mean… what year of dart and what engine / manifold combo ?
Actually a 68 Valiant. That was the first engine. Closed chambered 516 heads hyd Comp cam .525 lift RPM manifold. Ran low 12s in street trim. Changed to RPM heads, 590 mech cam and Proparts headers. Went low 11s in street trim (complete exhaust and interior)

proparts2.jpg

propartsBOB.jpg

i used hp 383/440 exhaunt manifolds on my 383 69 dart , fit okay , had to modify the steering shaft cover some , just a shortening job .

DSC03631.JPG

DSC03632.JPG

DSC03633.JPG

-
Back