B body trans?

-

autopar3000

Reaction score
Hey 4 speed experts,

What's the difference between an A body 4 speed and one from a B body? I have a chance to look at a trans a bell housing from a 67 Charger but I don't know if it will work for me. I've always been an auto guy but I looking to change that and join your club!

Tail shaft is shorter and a different shifter location, behind cross member on A body. Long tail shaft and shifter in front of cross member on the b body.

"It's been done." There's an article on building an adapter / shifter mount to use the longer box in an A body.

Hmm. Sounds like a headache I don't need, when I could just find an A body version. Maybe if I had the B body version in my hands for cheap (i.e. free), but based on this information it doesn't make sense for me to go and look at this one.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Hmm. Sounds like a headache I don't need, when I could just find an A body version. Maybe if I had the B body version in my hands for cheap (i.e. free), but based on this information it doesn't make sense for me to go and look at this one.

Thanks for the replies, guys.
Good choice not looking at that B body transmission. with an a body transmission and all of the pieces you need you'll have enough fun let alone trying to fabricate stuff.

-
Back