Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh owen

Bang em till it breaks
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 84 B/E body trans minus bellhousing or rods been saving it as a back up for my coronet but now I need one for my duster so I'm looking to trade for a cast iron A body trans

It worked just fine was a daily driven vehicle until we pulled it apart and dad wanted an automatic

Im in Ellsworth Wisconsin

20210102_150033.jpg

20210102_150026.jpg

20210102_150016.jpg

Ok B body with E body bosses will need be drilled and tapped. For the 15 minutes of work I will drill and tap them if that's a deal breaker for anyone. Thanks for reminder

Ok B body with E body bosses will need be drilled and tapped. For the 15 minutes of work I will drill and tap them if that's a deal breaker for anyone. Thanks for reminder
Sorry...
I wasn't trying to sabotage your post. If the price were right and you weren't so far I'd consider this. I need an output shaft and Brewer wants $300.

Sorry...
I wasn't trying to sabotage your post. If the price were right and you weren't so far I'd consider this. I need an output shaft and Brewer wants $300.
Not a problem I failed to mention it wasnt drilled and tapped yet for E body that's the problem with this site for me everyone seems.to be out east

It's half ton Dodge truck, o.d. unit. The output shaft is not the same as actual B&E shafts. Not try to sabotage this thread, just trying to educate.

Last edited:
There’s been a couple on Milwaukee Craigslist in recent weeks. If you can’t find them pm me and I’ll see if I saved a link.

i might be open to this, i would need to take some photos of mine to confirm it is an A body. how soon are you looking?

You know for a couple of bucks, you can convert what you have, to an A-body right? All you need is a short tail and an od mainshaft.
But it gets even simpler; you can bolt that longtail into the Duster, and just shorten the driveshaft. Then you fabricate a shifter bracket, off the Rear mount, to move it to where ever you want it to be. This is what I did.
But I took it a step further and moved the shifter back between the buckets, and raised it up far enough to install the top pivot bolt from inside the cabin. Then I fabbed up some oversize shiftrods, and put a short stick on it.
Yeah, I had to patch the floor and fix the carpet....... but it was so worth it;I haven't missed a shift since 2004.
That said, I'm not a fan of the wide ratios in the OD box, and maybe neither are you. They do work well on a hi-torque low-rpm engine with a wide powerband....... like 318s and slantys.

Last edited:
You know for a couple of bucks, you can convert what you have, to an A-body right? All you need is a short tail and an od mainshaft.
But it gets even simpler; you can bolt that longtail into the Duster, and just shorten the driveshaft. Then you fabricate a shifter bracket, off the Rear mount, to move it to where ever you want it to be. This is what I did.
But I took it a step further and moved the shifter back between the buckets, and raised it up far enough to install the top pivot bolt from inside the cabin. Then I fabbed up some oversize shiftrods, and put a short stick on it.
Yeah, I had to patch the floor and fix the carpet....... but it was so worth it;I haven't missed a shift since 2004.
That said, I'm not a fan of the wide ratios in the OD box, and maybe neither are you. They do work well on a hi-torque low-rpm engine with a wide powerband....... like 318s and slantys.
I have the bracket I currently have a cast iron b/e body in the car now but just wanna make it.more correct with an A body one thats all. And since that trans is.coming out for my 68 coronet I figured it was a good time to trade off my back up one for an A.body one. If you follow that lol I have ran a few OD 4 speeds I didnt really mind it like you say they really shine with something with more.torque than rpm

Can't disagree with that...
Hi Josh. Can you send me some pics of your aluminum 833OD? I may be interested in a trade. I will soon end up with 3 833s: a steel 833OD from a van, a steel 833OD from an A body, and a steel 833 from an A body.

May be intriguing to build an all aluminum 833OD for my Dart. I don't plan on having too much hp or racing the car, but adding lightness may be a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back