B&M shifter in stock console

-

68dart318

Reaction score
I was wondering if a B&M megashifter would fit in my stock 68 dart console and if anybody had any pics? Maybe take the black base off the megashifter?

I just bought a B&M Quick Silver and am working on the MOD right now. The black base does not need to be used, you can delete it on mine anyway. Alot of measuring etc before I chop up on the factory mounts.

If someone has some pictures of their set up please post them. I will be documenting mine all the way thru the Surgery, hope have it done in a few days.

I was really hesitant to put the shifter in the stock location. The trim on top made me start the order on a 9 Gauge Custom Dash from Mark at Peak Dashes. 4.5" Speedo, 4.5" Tach, 2 5/16 Boost Gauge, 6 other gauges will be 2 1/16 Then I will be adding a Billet Speciaties Steering wheel. Rest will be all stock looking.

One thing leads to the other. Remember that!!

View attachment phpnzva3IPM.jpg

View attachment phpVEVYndPM.jpg

View attachment phpyB4lfoPM.jpg

View attachment phpdQKkTwPM.jpg

View attachment phpGFeEk4PM.jpg

View attachment phpBiGjdZPM.jpg

View attachment Screen Shot 2012-10-30 at 9.51.14 PM.jpg

DAY

View attachment Screen Shot 2012-10-29 at 11.36.27 AM.jpg

NIGHT

View attachment Screen Shot 2012-10-29 at 12.40.38 PM.jpg

I do however really like the factory steering wheel. This swap will be a hard one for me to make my mind up on.

View attachment Screen Shot 2012-11-07 at 3.14.35 PM.jpg

I did that mod in my old 74 roadrunner with a star shifter,here is a pic but not the greatest,i just used a cardboard for a tem plate and cut out my old wood grain top plate to fit turned out great.That 74 with a 360 was a fast car.

Attachments

• 100_1033.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 552
  • 2007-08-19008.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 561
  • 100_0695.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 575
this is mine. its a quick silver. started with stock shifter then took it apart and made my own shifter shaft. no need to cut the console top at all.

bigblockdart067.jpg

DSCI0318.jpg

DSCI0053.jpg

DSCI0051-1.jpg

this is mine. its a quick silver. started with stock shifter then took it apart and made my own shifter shaft. no need to cut the console top at all.

bigblockdart067.jpg

DSCI0318.jpg

DSCI0053.jpg

DSCI0051-1.jpg

Think you just changed my mind on how I am doing mine. Probably going to move the console back about 1-2" though and use the complete shifter set up.

Questions......

1) Did you cut the Selector Indicator off that points to PRND12 ??

2) Do you have any pictures of the Surgery under the console??

Think you just changed my mind on how I am doing mine. Probably going to move the console back about 1-2" though and use the complete shifter set up.

Questions......

1) Did you cut the Selector Indicator off that points to PRND12 ??

2) Do you have any pictures of the Surgery under the console??

1. i just bent it down. i still plan to cut it off and reposition it in the correct place.

2. all i did was cut off the factory shifter mt. put the shifter against the floor and laid the console over top then moved it where it needed to go and marked my holes. drilled the 4 holes and bolted it down. if i were to redo it i would have welded a flat steel plate to the tunnel for the shifter to sit on.

i forgot that i had to cut off the light housing on the bottom of the console plate to clear the indicator pin. i also plan to cut a new piece of plastic and install it in the slots where the shifter arm moves. so it fills in like the factory did. if you mount the shifter directly to the floor it all fits under the console. the hole is even just right for the travel of the shifter arm from 1st to park.

if you wanted to be really trick you could cut the shaft of of the original shifter and use it on the B&M. then it would look completely stock but have a full ratchet shifter.

i noticed your pic for the gauges. i cut out the entire face of the dash and bent up some 16ga. steel and made my new face flat all the way across. made installing gauges alot easier.

102_0135.jpg

i forgot that i had to cut off the light housing on the bottom of the console plate to clear the indicator pin. i also plan to cut a new piece of plastic and install it in the slots where the shifter arm moves. so it fills in like the factory did. if you mount the shifter directly to the floor it all fits under the console. the hole is even just right for the travel of the shifter arm from 1st to park.

if you wanted to be really trick you could cut the shaft of of the original shifter and use it on the B&M. then it would look completely stock but have a full ratchet shifter.

Ok, understood. As far as the indicator pin, maybe I can just cut it off and make a new one and TIG Weld it back onto the shifter so the Indicator Bulb area at the console does not need to be cut or moved?

1. i just bent it down. i still plan to cut it off and reposition it in the correct place.

2. all i did was cut off the factory shifter mt. put the shifter against the floor and laid the console over top then moved it where it needed to go and marked my holes. drilled the 4 holes and bolted it down. if i were to redo it i would have welded a flat steel plate to the tunnel for the shifter to sit on.

Yes, I will reinforce the area where the shifter mounts to at the floor.

younggun2.0 where did you get the hurst handle and stick? Also is that just carbon fiber decal? I love the way that looks and thats the same counsle I have

quicksilver mounted and real wood inserts in the console

Attachments

• 000_1979.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 556
younggun2.0 where did you get the hurst handle and stick? Also is that just carbon fiber decal? I love the way that looks and thats the same counsle I have

i purchased the hurst shift knob from summit racing and i made the stick from 3/8" flat stock. yes the carbon is just a decal. it is the 3m dinoc. dont buy the imitation cheap crap. it sucks. the 3m looks real. everyone that sees it thinks its real carbon.

-
Back