Back to the drawing board... stock low dollar 360

-
Realistically shaving a half second would be doable I would think without a lot of major work. A little weight loss here a little horsepower there. But it's always some kind of major do dad (expense) that has to launch it into that extra half second loss.

^^^^^ and in the spirit of post 51 I say you use both the carburetors and that should get you there!:thumbsup:
I remember when everybody laughed at me putting my dual quad tunnel Ram on my low compression 318 with 360 heads LOL lost a half second at the dragstrip day 1 LOL

I'm going to say this is quietly as I can imagine just a whisper of a sound----------355 sure grip----sshhhhhh.....
Why stop there? Say the list.... 3.55's, headers, etc etc
Anyways with these lofty goals you have to have some weight losses in mind and I mean some major ones?
your scarring me ……. you are sounding like AJ (like this dude :D). Anyways, he gave me novel on why my car would cut a 2.5 60 ft in another thread. wrong cam, gears, converter, compression, and I'd have the biggest slug.... . But, I'm at 1.9's. You see, I keep say'n, my car can't read text books. it just don't know how it's supposed to behave... :)
  • you ask about my plan? I have no plan. Period. No plan. but I don't (and won't) stop tweak'n. I mean, most would have jumped up and down to get 14.20's with this combo. But I swapped out carbs and went 14.11. But I wanted 13's, so I swapped a clutch fan in and went 13.9's. I firmly believe the car just dropped more E.T. by this DP. I know 2.94's will drop it a couple.

Why stop there? Say the list.... 3.55's, headers, etc etc

your scarring me ……. you are sounding like AJ (like this dude :D). Anyways, he gave me novel on why my car would cut a 2.5 60 ft in another thread. wrong cam, gears, converter, compression, and I'd have the biggest slug.... . But, I'm at 1.9's. You see, I keep say'n, my car can't read text books. it just don't know how it's supposed to behave... :)
  • you ask about my plan? I have no plan. Period. No plan. but I don't (and won't) stop tweak'n. I mean, most would have jumped up and down to get 14.20's with this combo. But I swapped out carbs and went 14.11. But I wanted 13's, so I swapped a clutch fan in and went 13.9's. I firmly believe the car just dropped more E.T. by this DP. I know 2.94's will drop it a couple.
I don't know about AJ and his calculations LOL that's between you and him LOL but I'm here to slap you with a dose of reality you can only do so much tweakin LOL
Those little tenths could have been air quality period.

1.9 60ft?
Did someone accidentally kick a rock out in front of you in front of the trip light? LOL:poke:

Okay tweaker LOL what's next after the carburetor?
  1. take it to the strip (hopefully this weekend) and prove the carb is better. If not, swap back. If better, dissect the E.T. slip, see where it gained most.
  2. may not be the next step, but 2.94's should push a minimum of 2 tenths, hopefully 3
  3. J par, trust me, I really don't know what's next. I have no plan, except keep tweaking. But when I open the hood, there are lots of things that could be tweaked. I'll post what I tackle next. One step, one change at a time so a person knows what the car liked and didn't like.
  4. Trump card listed below
  5. .
  6. .
  7. .
  8. .
  9. .
  10. .
  11. .
  12. .
  13. .
  14. .
  15. .
  16. .
  17. .
  18. .
  19. .
  20. .
  21. .
  22. .
  23. .
  24. .
  25. .
  26. Torco oil?? 120 buck per change, but guaranteed to push me into the 12's when i'm 3 tenths short... :D

1.9 60ft?
Did someone accidentally kick a rock out in front of you in front of the trip light? LOL:poke:
It takes the car forever to get going with a 2.45 rear gear. If that was a good choice every drag racer would be using it.:poke::poke:

1. take it to the strip (hopefully this weekend) and prove the carb is better. If not, swap back. If better, dissect the E.T. slip, see where it gained most.
  2. may not be the next step, but 2.94's should push a minimum of 2 tenths, hopefully 3
  3. J par, trust me, I really don't know what's next. I have no plan, except keep tweaking. But when I open the hood, there are lots of things that could be tweaked. I'll post what I tackle next. One step, one change at a time so a person knows what the car liked and didn't like.
  4. Trump card listed below
  5. .
  6. .
  7. .
  8. .
  9. .
  10. .
  11. .
  12. .
  13. .
  14. .
  15. .
  16. .
  17. .
  18. .
  19. .
  20. .
  21. .
  22. .
  23. .
  24. .
  25. .
  26. Torco oil?? 120 buck per change, but guaranteed to push me into the 12's when i'm 3 tenths short... :D
$120 Torco? Mazola works just as well. LOL

Do you have a list of what you have done/stuck with and what performance increases it has made?

speaking of torco oil LOL maybe someone could chime in and give you some suspension adjustment advice for a good launch at the drag strip? LOL

Do you have a list of what you have done/stuck with and what performance increases it has made?
yes, it was started in another thread. My goal was to run a 13.9 this year, and I did. So this thread was going to be the next goal, or part II .. LOL.

• started with 14.29 best. (very good for the combo, by the way)
  • Changed from 600 eddy to 770 Holley VS - 14.14
  • Went to eddy rpm intake (not air gap) - 14.11 - this was mainly done for a intake shootout thread
  • Went to clutch fan (was direct) - 13.91 - but did have a little better air.
Almost 4 tenths gone :) Now the 750 DP ….. we'll see.

Last edited:
speaking of torco oil LOL maybe someone could chime in and give you some suspension adjustment advice for a good launch at the drag strip? LOL
Is excessive tire spin a issue. I can't imagine it would be with that rear gear. You have 15" tires?

It takes the car forever to get going with a 2.45 rear gear. If that was a good choice every drag racer would be using it.:poke::poke:
especially with the stock converter.... :) Car weighs 3240 without me, no spare, 1/4 tank of gas.

Is excessive tire spin a issue. I can't imagine it would be with that rear gear. You have 15" tires?
It hooks well at the track. I'm actually stunned it cuts a constant 1.9's 60 ft. Very pleased with that. yes, 15's.

Perfect that's within 20 lb of what my car weighs. will make a nice comparison to this next summer.
well...… :realcrazy: …. means you have 2x the carbs, 2x the exhaust, 2x the stroke, 2x the cam, 2x the gear, and whatever else..... the weight is the ONLY thing that should be comparison... :poke:

-
Back