Backing plate and drum question

-

Mopar-Mitch

Reaction score
Will backing plates and drums from a 8.25 rear end work on a 8.75?

Yes.

If the axle bolt pattern is the same for both.

I have access to an abody 8.75 but it doesn't have axels or backing plates, if if I bought new axles with big lug pattern I was wondering if the backing plates and drums from the 8.25 would work.

My '70 Coronet had an 8 1/4" with 10" drums.

I pulled the drum assemblies when the differential came out to install an 8 3/4" from a '69 & the original drum assemblies bolted right back on, I did not even have to remove the E-brake cables.

I knew it would work though, not my first time......

My '70 Coronet had an 8 1/4" with 10" drums.

I pulled the drum assemblies when the differential came out to install an 8 3/4" from a '69 & the original drum assemblies bolted right back on, I did not even have to remove the E-brake cables.

I knew it wold work though, not my first time......
That sounds great! I should be ok then, the complete drive line in my car came from a 1973 340 duster it has a 8.25 posi but airplane gears, 2.76 or so I'd guess, Im wanting to put the 8.75 in with lower gears. Love them 1970 coronets I've had 4 over the years.

IMG_20181115_122439.JPG

Glad to help.

Your drive shaft length will change though, unless you drill offset perch locating holes in your spring perches to allow your original driveshaft to be used.

Glad to help.

Your drive shaft length will change though, unless you drill offset perch locating holes in your spring perches to allow your original driveshaft to be used.
Thanks, there's a shop in the next town west of me that does drive shafts, I'll just have it shortened.

-
Back