Backup light valiant -65

-

Bozze86

Reaction score
i am trying to figure out how to get the backup/reverselight to work on my 1965 3speed valiant and i dont find any wires that should go to the switch and the (violet) wire ends up at the what it seems to be a sensor any tips and how to mount stuff/fix the electrical wires so it works again?

flghsgC.jpg

6tmBp6Q.jpg

VNsRmrg.jpg

EJD3ReM

flghsgC

6tmBp6Q

Are there electrical pigtails and bulbs that go to the taillight housing? Lower optioned cars sometimes didn’t come from Chrysler with them.

Bulbs and wires goes from the rear and go the front bit i havet found any pigtales or wires to the sensor in the gearbox bit the sensor is There or is that Another sensor to something Else?

Are there electrical pigtails and bulbs that go to the taillight housing? Lower optioned cars sometimes didn’t come from Chrysler with them.

Is your car from North America? Prior to 1966, reverse lights were not mandatory. They were a factory option. I have a 1965 Valiant that did not come with them.

One of your pictures is the coolant temperature sender. That does get a violet colored wire. It is a totally different circuit from reverse lamps that also have violet colored wires. Limited number of wire colors used back then. Anyway..
One wire goes from a switched hot, out through the bulkhead and down to that two post switch on the transmission. The returning wire from the switch goes to the reverse lamp fixtures/sockets.

-
Back