Bad stripe job

-

Flyinbrian72duster

Dart and duster
Reaction score
So I bought this stripe on Ebay found a guy to put it on and this is how they did it I live in northwest Indiana anyone know where I can get it done right close to me and I'm led to believe the stripe I got is not wide enough and where I can purchase one that is right needless to say I'm not happy
15361528850028587752751455252512.jpg

This looks pretty good, the small stripe runs parallel with the fender extension/fender. The two small stripes should run between the lens, unbroken. Really the only thing is, they took the time to trim away the large stripe around the lens instead of letting the strip flow into the lens hole. The width of the middle stripe looks correct to me, all of the stripes just needs to be forward a pinch.
Phoenix Graphix , right here on our site carries the stripes, call and ask. Some places carry positioning sprays that can be used to align the decal before it sets, making it possible to get it correct.....

Last edited:
This looks pretty good, the small stripe runs parallel with the fender extension/fender. The two small stripes should run between the lens, unbroken. Really the only thing is, they took the time to trim away the large stripe around the lens instead of letting the strip flow into the lens hole. The width of the middle stripe looks correct to me, all of the stripes just needs to be forward a pinch.
Phoenix Graphix , right here on our site carries the stripes, call and ask. Some places carry positioning sprays that can be used to align the decal before it sets, making it possible to get it correct.....
Thank you for the input

Dealer installed? A little tolerance allowed? I think the stripe is too thin but who's gonna know?

5801984738_24c42c76ed_b.jpg
plymouth-scamp-1972-11.jpg
1972-scamp-1.jpg
18b22416908927e672c0e5b5107adb15.jpg

upload_2018-9-5_11-16-14.jpeg

Looks like it is narrower at the bottom.

I think it looks good for an add-on. Nice addition to the car. We all see our own car defects-------------but others----------not so much.

I'm sure that the stripes are the same width for all years but the marker lights...not.

I see a stripe that has zero bubbles, is parallel to the body seam, and they had the attention to detail to match the cutout around the marker.

That's far better than factory and I'd at least tell the guy he did good. Could it be a wee bit further forward? Maybe. It looks like it might get into the marker pocket on the rear if you go too much, and then if that front stripe doesn't clear the pocket....uuuuuglyyyyy

Could you do it better yourself? If not, be happy. They did better than most.

I'm sure that the stripes are the same width for all years but the marker lights...not.

I see a stripe that has zero bubbles, is parallel to the body seam, and they had the attention to detail to match the cutout around the marker.

That's far better than factory and I'd at least tell the guy he did good. Could it be a wee bit further forward? Maybe. It looks like it might get into the marker pocket on the rear if you go too much, and then if that front stripe doesn't clear the pocket....uuuuuglyyyyy

Could you do it better yourself? If not, be happy. They did better than most.
If he paid to have it done, he shouldn't have to be happy with a job that wasn't done right.

If he paid to have it done, he shouldn't have to be happy with a job that wasn't done right.
Yes I paid to have it done I even offered to take the marker lights out the guy told me he could do it with them in than they did that I asked why he said there's to much dirt around the market lights I said so if I took them out and it got cleaned good it would've worked he said yes I just don't get it aren't you suppose to take pride in you're work

I'm no stripe guru. What's wrong with it? If the op has a standard expectation, how was that communicated?

looks alot better then some i've seen but far from correct looking..

Got a photo of oe/correct?

doesn't look bad, just wrong when compared to a correct one. did you show him a pic of how you wanted it to look? it's a MOPAR, most people don't even know how to spell it, let alone what a 46 yr old stripe is supposed to look like

doesn't look bad, just wrong when compared to a correct one. did you show him a pic of how you wanted it to look? it's a MOPAR, most people don't even know how to spell it, let alone what a 46 yr old stripe is supposed to look like
Yea I showed him he said he could do it with the side markers in after I offered to take them out and that's what he ended up doing basically I gotta buy another stripe and have it done right was hoping to get info on a respectable decal guy in north west Indiana

if you showed him what it was supposed to look like, and he did that?...idiot. i'd want my $$ back, at least for the stripe he wasted

ok , so the installer did his job right. the stripe is WRONG, not the guy that put it on. obviously from the pictures of factory installed stripes , the marker light should be completely inside the stripe and the stripe the same width top to bottom . clearly it is neither , get the right stripe and start over if you are not happy with it . I know I would, but that's just me., ,

Very much staying interested in this thread, will be needing a stripe kit for my Dart. Maybe one of kind people at @PhoenixGraphix can enlighten us on the correct stripe width and placement...…?

Last edited:
Very much staying interested in this thread, will be needing a stripe kit for my Dart. Maybe one of kind people at @PhoenixGraphix can enlighten us on the correct stripe width and placement...…?
This is the stripe that P.G. sells:
ct604.jpg

Also note that just like on a '69, the '70-'71 stripe goes on before the light gets installed.

I think the marker light/reflector is supposed to enter the gap between the main stripe and the rear pinstripe.
017 (4).jpg

This is an interesting thread and I look forward to reading about the outcome when you buy a new stripe and have it installed and post up the results as we all are curious based on the interest this thread has received so far so don’t forget to check back in.

So I bought this stripe on Ebay found a guy to put it on and this is how they did it I live in northwest Indiana anyone know where I can get it done right close to me and I'm led to believe the stripe I got is not wide enough and where I can purchase one that is right needless to say I'm not happy View attachment 1715220115
i understand why someone would buy strips but i like to paint on and seal it with clear and color sand and polish. at least if it is not a high dollar resto. not many people will complain looking at it as you drive by or show it. i am just glad another one is alive instead of rotting or even worse rotting till no one can save it or want to anymore, but one day the owner still claims will be restored if only he can put the beer down and get off his bumper.

So I bought this stripe on Ebay found a guy to put it on and this is how they did it I live in northwest Indiana anyone know where I can get it done right close to me and I'm led to believe the stripe I got is not wide enough and where I can purchase one that is right needless to say I'm not happy View attachment 1715220115
DartStripe70resize.jpg
DartStripe70A.jpg

-
Back