Bad stripe job

-
DartStripe70resize.jpg
DartStripe70A.jpg
The top photo was taken a few years ago. It is of my '70 Dart Swinger 340 which I bought in 1987 with 59,*** miles on it, all original, but with fading and peeling paint. I took this photo in anticipation of replacing the stripe after repainting. This should be the factory placement of the stripe.
The bottom photo is of the Scotchcal 3M three piece stripe kit I bought to replace the original stripe. As you can see the dimensions of it vary according to where it will lay on the car. I bought the kit several years ago from Hardens Muscle Car World (since acquired by Classic Industries) and the stripe was licensed by Dales Cuda Shop. Dales is still in business and sells the Dart stripe for $75. DalesCudaShop.com
So I bought this stripe on Ebay found a guy to put it on and this is how they did it I live in northwest Indiana anyone know where I can get it done right close to me and I'm led to believe the stripe I got is not wide enough and where I can purchase one that is right needless to say I'm not happy View attachment 1715220115

Even though he installed it wrong, he did a good job with the trimming.

When I made my template for the 70/71 stripes around 2002, I used a 30 year old set of NOS stripes for detailed measurements. The stripes you have look pretty darn good but the installer screwed them up but trying to get fancy. The factory just slapped them on, cut an "x" in the marker lense pocket and wrapped the excess - most of the time they did not even take the time to trim the excess from inside of the trunk.

-
Back